Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Purely on impulse I bought a 'Blue Rapier' set in the Hornby Black Friday sale. It is the first time I have had my paws on the trainset controller and I was somewhat sceptical until I tried it. However I found that is was responsive and positive in operation, quite a pleasant surprise. The train itself is well up to Hornby's high standards, the plastic wheels run free and very smoothly as does the motor, and it even has headlights (although no tail light, but then it is a Railroad standard so getting headlights was a surprise) . Moulded roof detail was fine and the added dummy pantographs and HV cabling looked reasonably accurate. The added bits are a bit plasticy in finish but these can be toned down with a lick of paint. What really impressed me was the packaging, now all made from cardboard. The items all fitted snugly but were easy to remove and replace, unlike the old expanded polystyrene of days past.

Now I know these never operated on the LC&DR section in the 1950s, but they do nowadays, and at the price they were being offered it was too good an opportunity to miss. (Now if I could only get three more carriages to make up the set .................)

R3251 & R3252 The Great Goodbye Mallard & Dominion of Canada fitted with sound by DCC Concepts (2nd hand) and came with their very nice MPD storage boxes.

The only one from the seller I didn't eventually get was R3256 Sir Nigel Gresley. Perhaps one day.

A good day at Gateshead Toy Fair today (05/12) , despite high winds, drizzle and some travel disruption, fortunately not too serious where I was going. Mostly Hornby Dublo - some 3R points, seven boxed wagons, two coaches and a EE type 1 Bo-Bo  in need of TLC.  Also a Wrenn Universal curved point still on its backing card, two Triang platform ramps (early type) and a Lima A1A-A1A Brush type 2 in BR green. Two boxed mint Triang TT type A engine sheds, some more loco storage boxes  and a couple of books rounded off the day.

York Toy Fair tomorrow!

And at York Toy-Fair yesterday another excellent day!

Another Hornby Dublo 3 rail Bo-Bo but this time a good runner in an original box, plus a 3 rail 'Bristol Castle' (Oh heavens LC&DR is buying Greasy, Wet & Rusty locos, shock - horror!!). Another  Triang TT Merchant Navy, OK a bit tatty but running. An unmade Kitmaster Beyer Garratt, - (wow, I never thought I'd ever get another of these!). Half a dozen  Hornby Dublo SD6 wagons and a boxed, mint SD Full Brake in maroon. Two made up 'O' gauge wagons (Plate wagon and Pipe wagon) from Parkside Kits. Lastly three dozen assorted whitemetal   'O' gauge chimneys and domes which may come in useful one day. All safely smuggled past SWMBO!

R3296 LNER 4-4-0 D49/1 Hunt Class 'The Burton' from Locomotion Models/NRM as a Black Friday purchase. DCC fitted and a very nice model. Again I've been fortunate that they run well straight from the box (and speaking of which the item came in a decent sized mailing box).

November was a very expensive hobby month for me. Order #6 of 7 from Hornby arriving today (still waiting for the 1st and 5th to arrive)

R3246TTS LNER 2-8-2 Cock o' the North - again I've been fortunate that the TTS locos run well on my rolling road

R4601 Corridor Buffet Car - I like how heavy it is and that it came with alternate close couplers & yes I know it's BR

Another R8245 Sapphire - at £16.66 I couldn't resist to help the order over the free delivery threshhold.

Also, it came in a proper box filled with airbags and even the decoder was in bubble wrap. I wonder if my concerns regarding the new mailing cartons had reached them by then?

Just bought a couple of Hornby/Dapol Auto tank Chassis for some 3d printed GWR 517 bodies I've just made. All i need to do is fit handraiols, paint and transfer and they'll be done!

Still waiting for my Winston Chrchill pack. Ironically 517's are based on Fair Rosamund, the Blenheim and Woodstock branch locos for many years 

An 009 Ffestiniog coach, to go with the two wagons on a Llanfair truck, I posted the pic of previously - one monor problem, the coach is longer than the long wheel-base truck that was going to carry it! - - plan B -   (That's one of my r/c planes, in the background!)

/media/tinymce_upload/870f9be053e9a3e94b01b06b394c5cbd.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/fbeedbbdac8bd6b6952168ad2d1da88b.JPG