Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Many years ago a company called Graham Farish (not the present day company of that name) made an OO air smoothed Merchant Navy and a King in blue and Wrenn made a version of their 'Light Pacific' as a blue Merchant Navy. Wrenn got away with it because

their models are not really that close to scale, but rather expensive toys for collectors.

(For those who are not familiar with the Bullied Pacifics, the original Merchant Navy is wider and longer than the Battle of Britain / West Country class)

The

original Peppercorn A1s appeared in blue as did the Thompson / Peppercorn A2s. Someone does make some examples of these, but not Hornby who only makes the modern replica A1.

The King was also made by Lima in blue.

Mike70 said:

They've

done the following classes that I'm aware of;

A3

A4

Duchess

Princess

King

Any others?

Just won the bidding on a Triang Windsor Castle locomotive, which I should be getting in a few days, and also working on a price for a Hornby Coronation Class Duchess of Abercorn, which will be the largest in my British steam stable.

I

love just getting into the British modelling, as it is a whole new world for me, being a lifelong American modeller!

Great stuff ED!

Modelling railways and railroads is a splendid hobby wherever you are, and whichever country your railway is based. I have just bought my first French outline locomotives (pre-owned), mainly because I love the way they draped everything

outside, even on passenger locos.

LC&DR said:

Well he IS a regular contributor to this forum, so he must have his head screwed on the right way.

Postman Prat said:

You obviously don't know him!!!

Not sure my wife would agree with your

LC&DR. I can hear her now "Not another train - what are you going to do with them all"?

It sounds like your wife and mine went to the same achool! That is EXACTLY what she says too.

But woe betide me if I mention shoes, handbags, coats, etc. etc.

But we love them, don't we!

bulleidboy said:

Not sure

my wife would agree with your LC&DR. I can hear her now "Not another train - what are you going to do with them all"?

DEAN104 said:

Never hear a complain from my Wife.
Loves the trains almost as much as I do.
We travel off just for the fun of it when ever we can.
Mayumi likes any locomotives in black;clean and tidy like their cared for.
Any other

half like them??

My wife likes steam mainly, and the more detail, the better. She's always loved seeing the small details on a train, like the detail in the cab and such.

So, when I buy a more expensive loco, I tell her it's because it

has more detail, and I'm getting it for her as well!

Hospital, gosh you are a lucky man! I think I would finish under the patio. (Old reference to a long extinct soap opera SWMBO used to watch to annoy me)

walkingthedog said:

Think my wife would rather I bought her a Radley handbag than

a loco with extra detail. I'll offer to get her a loco for her birthday next month. You can come and visit me in hospital.

Fishmanoz said:

As some will already know from another forum here, Railmaster.

And an SR 2-Bil on pre-order. I too model what I like.

It ws only on a winter's Sunday that the local 2-BIL service (Waterloo - Ascot -

Reading) arrived over Palmer Park Bridge, ran past Huntley and Palmer's biscuit factory and into Reading South terminus, consisted of a single e.m.u.

In the week it was usually a four car train, consisting of two 2-BIL units in multiple.

So

why not get two of them? I have. They look so good running together.

Also I built two 2-BIL units from Ian Kirk kits. So as not to overload the controller I am replacing the motor bogies with "dummy" motor bogies, so now I can run both six and eight

car trains. This is just how they ran in service from 1938 until final withdrawal.

While you are content to suit yourself, I am trying to recreate what I saw when I was a five year old - more than 70 years ago!