22/11/2014........idlemarvel.................5

21/03/2015.......Phul007..................124

01/04/2015.......PJ_model_trains....135

12/04/2015.......yelrow.....................146

02/08/2015.......tibrahim...................258

07/05/2016.......RDS........................537

18/09/2017.......mcrook62..............1036

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was time for an update of the results of our sweep so far.

I was hoping to have had more members submitting guesses though! 

Date               Members id       Days to go

12/11/2014....RAF96...................... -19
22/11/2014....Cuthbert.....................-9
22/11/2014....idlemarvel...................-9
21/03/2015....Phul007....................110
01/04/2015....PJ_model_trains......121
12/04/2015....yelrow...................... 132
02/08/2015....tibrahim.....................244
07/05/2016....RDS......................... 523
18/09/2017....mcrook62............... 1022

I thought it was time for an update of the results of our sweep so far.

I was hoping to have had more members submitting guesses though! 

Date               Members id       Days to go

12/11/2014....RAF96...................... -19 22/11/2014....Cuthbert.....................-9 22/11/2014....idlemarvel...................-9 21/03/2015....Phul007....................110 01/04/2015....PJ_model_trains......121 12/04/2015....yelrow...................... 132 02/08/2015....tibrahim.....................244 07/05/2016....RDS......................... 523 18/09/2017....mcrook62............... 1022

Ermmmm

Very optimistic, slightly optimistic, not so optimistic, little hope ;-)

Ladbrokes are taking bets we will never guess it right. 

Just for fun why not let the '-' guesses, guess again

1022 days LOL hehehehe

unless HRMS fix signals and feathers for signals he may be nearest!

I think we are all happy to wait WTD... happen as well isn't it ;o)

I find it strange when I look back, a bitter sweet experience, some I/we like and some I/we may not!  

First for me was RM, I was straight in to DCC... it was good but frustrating as so much more was possible (in time)

We moved through 1.55, 1.56, 1.57, 1.58 each level giving us a little more but each level creating more frustration due to not receiving everything or bugs that have taken time to get fixed.

I hoped for signalling so much, and when it came it worked but, not fully, and feather signals were not included. I was confident HRMS would fix the issues prior to 1.57, 1.58 but it hasn't happened.

It is good to take a pause and look back, we have come a fair way, we have a lot more than we had for that I am truly grateful but I know there will be NO Loco Detection until all these issues are fixed, more third party signals and decoders are added.

Meanwhile it is time to play, work out block occupancy and positions of sensors, work out routes, speeds and stopping distances all in preparation for... whats it called again. Oh yes, Loco Detection.

I think i have put April 1 as hopeful date, I cannot help but think now that it may be quarter 2 - 2015.

The question then is which is quarter 2, April, May June in a 2015 year or, July, August, September in a 2015/16 tax year?

PJ

PJ

On the contrary PJ.  My layout is at the stage where I am looking to install signals and LD before I commit to too much scenery.  I really wish I had it now as retro fitting will not be easy.

PJ

On the contrary PJ.  My layout is at the stage where I am looking to install signals and LD before I commit to too much scenery.  I really wish I had it now as retro fitting will not be easy.

Hi MetmanUK

I think when I said we are happy to wait I was saying it as we have no option.

I have 36 signals on screen, just over 20 on the layout so I am already, ready for Loco Detection, and really wish it was in my Christmas Present on Christmas Day.

But, HRMS haven't sorted signalling out yet.

- there are still errors with sequence on 4 aspect Train Tech signals

- CR Signals 3 aspect don't work correctly on their own

- Feathers for signals don't work

And those are just my signal problems!!!  

HRMS were trying hard to fix the issues before RM 1.57 now 1.58 is out, there is not the same urgency, it is like it is left on a shelf, no feedback, so we do not know if they are looking into the items at the moment. Very Frustrating!

I cannot see Hornby releasing LD if they had it until these issues are sorted out. There will also be mmore third party signals and decoders to sort  so it is so frustrating.

I am running programs  at present but every item is in the program for the train or trains running, massive program to run a few short distances. I already know where my sensors are going and have all blocks worked out ready. I can see how much better it will be with LD but it just aint available yet.

We have been given (purchased) a few sweets to taste but cannot have the bag with more in!

PJ

PJ - We are working on the issues you have been experiencing with signalling.  You should be aware of that.

Please bear in mind that multi-aspect and relaying signalling is a major new area in RailMaster.  We decided, when implementing this system, that we wanted it to be as simple as possible to set up and operate, which is why RailMaster supports a specific range of signals as well as ones you can set up from scratch.  We do not know of any other software that has built in templates for known signal makes to enable the quick and simple set-up of those signals.  Remember also that all signalling must interact with Loco Detection, and although you cannot see this functionality yet, we have to test it to ensure that it all works seamlessly together.

We want to support all of the major (and some minor) brands of signals to allow the widest variety of signals within the program.  We need to be careful to ensure that all of these signals work with all of the accessory decoders and you will appreciate this takes time.

At present, we are concentrating on making every current area of RailMaster as robust as possible, including signalling without adding new features for the next few months.

The next few updates will continue to include these minor bug fixes, new loco and accessory decoders and polishing of some rough edges we might find.  As the software becomes more sophisticated, with more interelation between functions, there are bound to be minor issues which arise from time to time, which need to be nipped in the bud.  We do monitor the forums and note things that need to be done, no matter how minor.  It all helps to enhance the RailMaster experience.

Now why would we enter your sweep when we are supposed to know the answer.  That would be cheating.  Let you have fun instead!

Patience, as they say, is a virtue and goods things come to those who wait ...

RDS

You didn't read the small print!  

Member of staff and those related to them are not allowed to enter into the sweep.  

Nice to hear from you guys though  ;o)

PJ

PJ - We are working on the issues you have been experiencing with signalling.  You should be aware of that.

Please bear in mind that multi-aspect and relaying signalling is a major new area in RailMaster.  We decided, when implementing this system, that we wanted it to be as simple as possible to set up and operate, which is why RailMaster supports a specific range of signals as well as ones you can set up from scratch.  We do not know of any other software that has built in templates for known signal makes to enable the quick and simple set-up of those signals.  Remember also that all signalling must interact with Loco Detection, and although you cannot see this functionality yet, we have to test it to ensure that it all works seamlessly together.

We want to support all of the major (and some minor) brands of signals to allow the widest variety of signals within the program.  We need to be careful to ensure that all of these signals work with all of the accessory decoders and you will appreciate this takes time.

At present, we are concentrating on making every current area of RailMaster as robust as possible, including signalling without adding new features for the next few months.

The next few updates will continue to include these minor bug fixes, new loco and accessory decoders and polishing of some rough edges we might find.  As the software becomes more sophisticated, with more interelation between functions, there are bound to be minor issues which arise from time to time, which need to be nipped in the bud.  We do monitor the forums and note things that need to be done, no matter how minor.  It all helps to enhance the RailMaster experience.

Hello again HRMS team

I do hope my comments were not taken incorrectly but it is nice to hear from you and receive an update. As it happens things have worked for the better, I was going to email you regarding the issues mentioned, this way everyone has been updated.

You will have read my comments, (I can go on a little but not as much as WTD & Graskie).  As much as I would love LD to be under my tree this Christmas, realistically I knew it was not possible, we are aware of the complex nature of incorporating RM with Pro, with 3rd party signals and decoders and including LD, we are just like little kids with out trains, only it is a bit more magical now  ;o)

Thank you for updating us. At least I know I am not going to blow (invest) £400 plus on LD for some time yet.

Keep up the good work, we do appreciate it and haven't forgotten, you are so dedicated to RM and Hornby (should be other way round) you even cover Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Well done and Happy Christmas to you all and that is from all forum members, old and new, oops, I mean mature and young ;o)

PJ

Right guys, shall we revise our sweep dates and be more realistic based on HRMS comments...

We need to be careful to ensure that all of these signals work with all of the accessory decoders and you will appreciate this takes time.

That puts my thoughts to Q2 next year but is this Q2 April, May, June or  Tax Year Q2 July, August, September?

My 2nd guess therefore is Q2 April, May, June, I will say >>> May 31st 2015 <<<

If it is not launched by June, I would be concerned, as we then enter the quietest months, the holiday season, so if not then sadly I would have to say, September!

PJ

As a software developer I'm well aware of the conundrum facing Hornby.  Of course you want to test every bit of code to destruction BUT realistically the real testing occurs once we get our hands on it.  There will come a time when further testing with yet more accessory decoders or signals has little or no payback.  That's when they have to take a deep breath and go with what they've got.  For that reason, initial versions may have a number of unexpected problems.  However, LD is not really mainstream so I would have thought initial users would be prepared for an initial bumpy ride.  The main thing from my perspective is getting the hardware in and installed, much like I have played a little with eLink/RM but not yet tested it fully.