1/72 Beagle Basset – Arrived!

david_fleming

The big question now is.... After the initial flurry of backing up to 40% it has taken a couple of weeks to push up another 5%, at this rate of diminishing returns it looks, sadly, that even a kit this popular isn't going to make teh minimum required for the release. BTW does anyone know if there is a time limit on acheiving backing?

Once again, if there were a reasonable shipping cost for overseas customers, this number would be strongly boosted. Even a way to add the kitstarter kits to a larger order and qualify for free postage. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggles, sometimes you just need to bite the bullet. At least they are cheaper than a m/cycle dealer in the UK, who use a famous freight company. A couple of years ago when the Aussi peso was almost worth something, I could have saved $40 on the retail price of an air filter only to be stung with a $150.00 delivery charge! It just depends who they use. Doing a bit of buying on eBay, postage world wide seems to have risen quite dramatically in recent years. Governments saving PO jobs??

If you want, you could add your order to mine, and when it lands in sunny SA,  I'll drop it on the back of the next posti bike heading your way.  Same goes for any other Aussies/kiwis on here.

Thanks for the offer Three, but I really don't want one THAT badly. I am just disappointed that overseas Airfix customers are being  ripped off in relation to postage charges. As I've noted earlier, I would be more than happy to pre order them if there were a way to add  the kitstarter kit to a larger order and qualify for the free postage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems many overseas buyers are wary of pre-ordering due to the cost of postage. This affects the Kitstarter scheme as well.

Suggestion to Admin - once a pre-order item is available, move it to the cart for up to 3 days so that the customer has a chance to add some more items and qualify for free postage. If the order is not finalised in 3 days, make the goods available to others.

I recently won some stuff on the Hornby Archive site on EBay and I was able to add a few Buy-Now items to the cart before settlement at no additional postage. As well as promoting more sales, a similar facility would encourage more customers to pre-order. I recently moved my Corgi Thunderbirds pre-orders to my wish-list as there seemed to be no way to combine the 3 orders. Had they all gone into the same basket I would not have been concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

70%? Maybe it WILL make it to 100% after all! Nice to see, despite the continued lack of official news about the project.

Off-topic - THE Andy Sephton? As an occasional reader of Aeroplane and FlyPast, and books on the Shuttleworth Collection, the name is very, very familiar!

• 3 weeks later...

70%? Maybe it WILL make it to 100% after all! Nice to see, despite the continued lack of official news about the project.

Off-topic - THE Andy Sephton? As an occasional reader of Aeroplane and FlyPast, and books on the Shuttleworth Collection, the name is very, very familiar!

Well Its made it to 100%

• 2 weeks later...

What decal scheme(s) will be included in the box?

Is there a chance that Airfix will print and make available a few extra decal sheets for this kit because the decals in my Queen's Flight boxing are out of register. I wouldn't be alone in this respect.

I would actually prefer the original RAF scheme to model my kit in though.

Archived