1/72 Beagle Basset – Arrived!

david_fleming

Hi all,

This kit could possibly be added to KitStarter. While there are still a number of things to be checked, we are looking into this tooling (remember, we can't offer any guarantees).

I'll be trying to keep this thread up-to-date with progress so be sure to check back.

Would packs of 3 aircraft/vehicles be possible as I recently suggested?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Biggles 5, I have preordered 3, and the Int'l postage shows as 20 quid.  If you want one, they cost what they cost! but buy several and reduce the post per unit. Sell one of them to recoup some cash. Why not club together with friends/club members and order half a dozen, increasing the chances of production,and allowing you to split the postage.

Alternatively if you drink or smoke, put the price of a beer or 10 cigarettes in a savings jar each week.  I have several savings tins in the bedroom, and when I get changed from work I throw some of my spare change in these tins, and go to the bank once a year. All those 5,10,20, and 50 cents mount up surprisingly quickly. The last 3 years have seen me net $350-480 per annum, and that's not really trying.

The big question now is.... After the initial flurry of backing up to 40% it has taken a couple of weeks to push up another 5%, at this rate of diminishing returns it looks, sadly, that even a kit this popular isn't going to make teh minimum required for the release. BTW does anyone know if there is a time limit on acheiving backing?

Biggles 5, I have preordered 3, and the Int'l postage shows as 20 quid.  If you want one, they cost what they cost! but buy several and reduce the post per unit. Sell one of them to recoup some cash. Why not club together with friends/club members and order half a dozen, increasing the chances of production,and allowing you to split the postage.

Alternatively if you drink or smoke, put the price of a beer or 10 cigarettes in a savings jar each week.  I have several savings tins in the bedroom, and when I get changed from work I throw some of my spare change in these tins, and go to the bank once a year. All those 5,10,20, and 50 cents mount up surprisingly quickly. The last 3 years have seen me net $350-480 per annum, and that's not really trying.

Mate, thanks for your suggestion. I don't drink or smoke, but thanks for the savings tips. I live in Australia, in a rural area, there are no other model makers to my knowledge withing a 7 hour driving radiius. It's not the money, I could afford the shipping costs, but thirty quid ??? C'mon Airfix.

Archived