Club Exclusives

barwick64

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was expecting more by now, even if was just one more, whilst was nice to see the old meteor restocked was morel looking for a new one entirely, yet to spend my 20 quid voucher, will do on the harrier set if nothing else comes but the harrier set I can take or leave, not interested really in the special markings, would just use spare markings from the normal boxings or aftermarket sets on them 

I too would like some other exclusive kits to show up soon. I intend to get the Spitfire but the club voucher is for 20 quid so I'd like to spend it all. Unfortunately I have all of the other current club kits that are of interest to me. At a pinch I'd go for the Meteor, but it's been out of stock for quite a while now so I'm not sure if it'll be coming back.

I am also in the undecided bracket as all of the kits (with the exception of the Meteor) would probably need alternate decals as I prefer operational subjects (converting the Hurricane/Swordfishcombination to RAF/FAA would add considerably to the price and the review on the Tornado is uninspiring. I would love to see the current RAF Typhoon synchro pair scheme (GN-A to celebrate Eric Brindley-Nicolson VC), there is already a Corgi version in 1/72 so how about it Airfix?. Pair it with a BBMF Spitfire and Robert is your parent's brother. Or perhaps some limited editions of some of the larger kits.

If push comes to shove it will have to be Tornado + Hurricane/Swordfish or Harriers (I am toying with the idea of RAF St Pancras as a diorama for the 1970 air race which would only need a minor number change on the serial), not sure about the GR9 - maybe look out for GR7 or 9 decals in Arctic camoflage. Does anyone know if these boxings come with stores?

Also how about some more helpful price points - £20  pound will either need topping up with more of the exclusives or losing some of the bonus offer (or allow up to about £5 of unspent allowance to go to non-exclusive items in the same order)

• 2 weeks later...

Releasing one of the new products (B-P 1:48 hint, hint) would be a nice touch and go a long way to soothing many of the members who have vented their bile in these pages. I would have gone for the Meteor had I not just paid good money for a Revell kit that I had tracked down after a long wait for something that didn't have a long nose - so I still have a gift voucher to spend and nothing to spend it on! Come on Airfix, happy customers spend more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

i've phoned the club twice once in december then early this month and was told the first time that something was going to be added very soon and to try in jan when i rang back i was told that t woould be this month and as of yet not a thing. I already have the torch set from it being a club kit i'me not interseted in the tocano and i already have enough sptfres in waiting, so come on guyseither add a few from the main catalogue or open up the entire catalogue to   the members, ok i have until may to wiat but others may not be so lucky

• 1 month later...

Hello Airfix and all modellers, I am also getting a little fed up with no new announcement of a new club exclusive kit,I wish they would ask us for ideas towards one, I would quite like a release of something like the coastguard helicopter, Augusta-Westland AW139. I also have a voucher I cant use at the moment, maybe we should have a short list of some of the new releases to choose from, what do you think. 

• 4 months later...

Archived