VSOE European Train Set?

VSOExpress

Can we have something exciting to look forward too, like a European vesion of the VSOE with blue, white roofed and gold embelish coaches with lights etc?

The lack of inspiration has negated 3 years of any purchases from Hornby, there is no inspiration to purchase at all. Our last item was the Bachman Midland compound 1000, limited edition, that warranted excitement. Come on Hornby, it is becoming tedious!

Surely these would be more appropriate as an HO Hornby International model?

Shouldn't this thread be in the wish list section??

Personally I would prefer to see CIWL 'Night Ferry' sleepers and associated baggage cars in OO, to go with both the Merchant Navy and Bo-Bo 2550hp electric, which are currently being developed.

• 4 weeks later...

@ all

1. No, it is already in HO scale by Rivarossi that Hornby purchased but they lack the lights and embelishments needed. It is in the wishlist! The VS Orient Express has more appeal than a "Night Ferry", it is also an iconic train, world appeal. 

2. Have to laugh at that, not a big enough market, yet hornby create such tat as the Olympic sets that plumeted in price due to lack of sales and they were just as dull as other realeases. 

3. Hornby just appears to cater for inward thinking individuals instead of looking at world wide sales, who want to purchase a dull little engine unrelated to them form some unkown place in Britain? The VSOE is known world wide and with the right approach and forsight could be an excellent set. But who give a monkeis, I have lost patience with Hornby and their lack of imagination and leave them to their dull little creations! 

You are right I will approach Bachman see if they will take it on!

@ all

1. No, it is already in HO scale by Rivarossi that Hornby purchased but they lack the lights and embelishments needed.

You have answered your own question - Hornby already make it!

2. Have to laugh at that, not a big enough market, yet hornby create such tat as the Olympic sets that plumeted in price due to lack of sales and they were just as dull as other realeases. 

And they have produced hundreds of other model railway items that sell well and meet the demands of the market place.

3. Hornby just appears to cater for inward thinking individuals (pot calling kettle?)  instead of looking at world wide sales, (world wide sales are in HO and not OO) who want to purchase a dull little engine unrelated (a train that never runs in the UK can hardly be considered relevant) to them form some unkown place in Britain? The VSOE is known world wide (is it?) and with the right approach and forsight could be an excellent set. (I think a lot on here would not agree)

You are right I will approach Bachman see if they will take it on! (and I would wager you will get even less response from them too!)

I apologise for reproducing the response, but I felt it necessary to answer the individual points specifically. There isn't a world wide manufacturer who make non-British trains to run on 16.5mm gauge track to any other scale than HO. OO is a uniquely British phenomonom with a built in inaccuracy of scale and gauge, whereas HO is much closer to right and the chosen scale for the world (except the UK).

So you what Hornby to produce a model of a European train in the English scale of OO of a model of train they already make in HO. And you think VSOE is going to sell better then night ferry why? All because you want one is not going to do it.  

Buy the HO one and add some lights.

And to say peoples modeling choices are dull is not a very open minded opinion is it now!

One question has been missed in the reply from LC&DR - who gives a monkee's?   Answer - No-one

You should be flattered though - I was only thinking a few days ago that we were due your usual, narrow minded, view - was it late this year?

I thought that might be rude, so I deferred to others to say that for me :-)

• 1 month later...

Archived