Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These two arrived today...

/media/tinymce_upload/ad5a4e9c3eb4762ddc3446ab0c964284.jpg

Also have an order placed at Hannants for a few bit's and bob's including:

Techmod Swastika decal sheet

Airscale instrument decals for the Ju87 Stuka, FW190, Hurricane & Mosquito (1/24th Scale obviously)

Topnotch Paint Mask  for the Junkers Ju87B1/B2 Stuka - thought I give paint masks a try (saves me tons of masking tape)

Oh and arrived from Amazon today: The Dam Busters (Brand New Restoration) on Blu-ray

@ james_mower

You have been busy clicking on the add to basket icon!!

Like the Sea Vixen and still hoping Airfix do it in 1:72nd scale

With the amount of 1/48th Scale Naval Aircraft kits I've aquired - I need a 1/48th Scale Aircraft Carrier!

I succumbed to another Trumpeter kit - they may not be 100% accurate, but they do some interesting aircraft!

De Havilland Sea Hornet NF.21 is the latest bringing my stockpile to 19 kits!

I ws eleven when that historic small atep was taken, the world was a wonderful place for a little boy. Project Apollo probably did more to spread respect and admiration for the United States around the world than anything since Bastogne. I would love to lay my hands on some of those kits.

I remember being in my Junior School in London, with my fellow 8 year olds sat around a TV set watching the rerun and we were all transfixed. Ill never forget it. I still have the Saturn V my late Dad built for me.

/media/tinymce_upload/eed42706fdf562dbf8c02c84e5c1b885.jpg

Ratch has done a fab job on the Airfix Hs123, but I went for this one for my 1940 collection. I've not done an Avis kit before, so that might be fun.

/media/tinymce_upload/b2ec0989a42ce77fb37ed9a7d1945974.jpg

Although I already have a Novo/Heller kit of this plane, this one might be better.

My latest additions:-

/media/tinymce_upload/9fea06f3fce02dd3c6f1609ecfb9791a.jpg

An usual Japanese aircraft support vehicle purchased at a LMS

/media/tinymce_upload/114144b6af2cfdc1535f1589532017ae.jpg

The Russian 'Flying Tank' from a certain internet auction site.

/media/tinymce_upload/1fba74cb662149b528b3226db91feba5.jpg

And finally direct from Airfix thanks to another full booklet of Flying Hours tokens  😀 !!

Are those old kits, james_mower? They look like they are.

GNR-Gordon-4

The RAF belt (note singular) kit has been out for several years. It's not like a now 75 year old design is actually going to change!

Very true  😎

And a very important lesson, never ever have a tablet (or Ipad) to hand when you're watching the Dambusters!

As a week or so later this appeared in the post..

/media/tinymce_upload/537960ac24797f1dd1297f59730c7f52.jpg

Something a little odd for me a 1/32 Wolesley Viper engine kit by Roden, and the Italeri Dornier Do 24T sea plane with upgraded moulds and decals. Was very tempted by the 1/96 Revell Cutty Sark but just managed to resist.

Remember wedo this for fun                                  Jihn the Pom

Something a little odd for me a 1/32 Wolesley Viper engine kit by Roden, and the Italeri Dornier Do 24T sea plane with upgraded moulds and decals. Was very tempted by the 1/96 Revell Cutty Sark but just managed to resist.

Remember wedo this for fun                                  Jihn the Pom

Only tempted by the Cutty Sark - I think the sun's got you John  😆

That being said, I couldn't resist another Airfix Lancaster - I have a B.II enroute  😎