Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

My latest additions thanks to some Xmas Cash Stash  😉

First ordered were some Eduard Brassin detail parts for my Curtiss Tomahawk Mk.II that is currently on the build table.

/media/tinymce_upload/8fd006742dd78c52330c849cc65ca42a.JPG

I had also ordered an Eduard Seatbelt set but they have yet to arrive?. Some aftermarket decals were next.

/media/tinymce_upload/850616658dfc3c584a105cddf771a9c1.JPG

Now for the interesting bit, a couple of new models ...........

/media/tinymce_upload/194885e6f17b9e021682e7e483eb3962.JPG 

I've got a thing for Tomahawks at the moment, and the different colour schemes they can be done in.

/media/tinymce_upload/1655566ff6fa2dd1f5dceea533a5eba4.JPG

Oh is that another P-40 in a different set of clothes?

/media/tinymce_upload/3b60f3a41bb6a1bd90ba7e4076f49a1a.JPG

The Bf109 E-3/E-4 adds to my small but growing 1:48th scale collection. And finally .................

/media/tinymce_upload/aed04b15c3eae31091172ec2a21e7371.JPG

It was 4 kits in 1 box and a bargain really. Where am I going to find the space to do this diorama??

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did my rounds to our LMS's, the original idea was to get some new paints. Came home with 3 new Vallejo colours, four scaple blades, (These seem to be getting hard to find in Cape Town looks like I'll have to find a medical supplier and buy a whole box.) and 2 sheets of Decal Paper. Also picked up 3 Zvezda kits all 1/72 armour the BMW motor cycle & side car (Made this last year, superb little kit; but that one's now stuck on a diorama.), a Soviet 37 mm AA gun and a British Bofors 4o mm AA gun to go with my growing collection of artillary.

Also tempted by a couple of old Revell 1930's fighters the P26 Peashooter and the Polikarpov I-153 Chaika. I know the P26 dates from the 60's but it still looks pretty good; maybe Revell are taking really good care of their old moulds. The Chaika looks more recent maybe 80's-ish as the detail is recessed and raised and the sprues have a frame arond them. I seem to be getting an interest in these pre WW 2 aircraft, after my recent fasination with WW 1 types.These should look good next to the re-released Bulldog and Demon, and my few Heller 1930's aircraft kits.

Remember we do this for fun                                  John the Pom

The Hawker Hurricane just finished it!!! Hope to get the RNLI Life boat next I think though, not sure I would like to get one that I dont have wo wait for summer to deliver it. 

Any one have any suggestions as to which one I should do next that I dont have to wait to be dilivered. 

Thoughts on the Lancaster Bomber Kit too would be much appriciated 

I just picked this up at a local shop that deals mostly with gamers and the like. They recently moved locations and I was downtown with some time to kill, so I went in. I knew they had some Warhammer kits, but I didn't know the had mainstream kits. They also have some Tamiya paint and some other Tamiya modelling paraphernalia.

Chris

A successful weekend.

First I found a Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1 in a charity shop. After pondering for a few seconds I decided to donate £3.99 to BHF as a thank you - everyone wins!

Then down to the market where I liberated a couple of pre-owned kits - Airfix 1/72 Roland C.II & Albatros DV.

I simply couldn't resist the simple but very attractive late 80's 'Aces' boxart. The plastic may not be state of the art but they are still very buildable subjects (if I ever get around to them!).

Didn't even make it to the Hobby Shop. Might have to exchange peenies for paint later in the week to keep everyone happy. 

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of recent additions. 

/media/tinymce_upload/547c123bcd31d8fffdcfe38b1328f644.JPG

and

/media/tinymce_upload/56c58dc2fa61053e7444795e9e542415.JPG

I was tempted to start this 1 straight away but I have other plans so it will have to wait a few weeks!! 

Italeri 1/35 M110A1 Howitzer. 

Been after one for a while but they rarely show up as they don't have the street cred of the Tiger, Sherman, Abrams etc and I believe only Italeri have dipped their toes in the family so far. 

Doubly happy that it's a short barrel version as the A1 only had one box release many moons ago. The wishlist never gets any shorter though as I'm also after a Vietnam era M110(sans suffix)...one day...

My latest acquistion - Heng Long 1/16th RC Challenger 2 Tank - some minor assembly required!

Oooooh! Aaahhhhh! You are going to be playing nicely.

Remember we do this for fun                            John the Pom

It's the pigeons that have to worry lol

But as well as that there have been some more acquistions.

A new drill set and Archimedes drill 

Some Vallejo paints

Upgrade parts for the Challenger 2 (more to order)

Oh and I've been asked to build a Ship for a railway client!

That's the ex-Matchbox (now Revell) 1/72nd Flower Class Corvette..

My sole aim at the weekend was to buy a Revell M48 to sit next to the Tamiya M60 on the shelf. But I sort of got distracted...

1/72 Airfix F-86F 'The Huff'...for the #2 Italian decal option

1/72 Airfix Tomahawk IIB 'Pennant' box

And to compound matters on the way home I donated some pennies to a Charity for another 1/72 Airfix Tomahawk IIB, this time a 'Sharkmouth' starter box. 

So I still haven't completed that tank pairing. But I do now have 4x P-40B/Tomahawk/Hawk 81s in the stash to add to the P-40(sans suffix) trainer conversion I have on the shelf.

Maybe next week....

Technically not an acquisition, but a commission for one of my Railway Clients - a rather big ship, 1/72nd Scale Flower Class Corvette arrived and a freebie for my stash a very old Airfix Short Stirling he's given me - the box is a bit battered but the contents are still sealed..

.. may well do a captured colour & decal scheme on it..

/media/tinymce_upload/1b4b9d348c30ab8138922d4e65c0210a.jpg

Other acquisitions have been, new bottles of Micro Sol & Micro Set, more upgrades for the Challenger 2 (wheels and suspension) and couple Pilot fine silver & gold paint pens.

Speaking of the Challenger 2, what's the Humbrol colour number for the Desert Sand?