Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

Two 1/72 Airfix Phantom FG1's

/media/tinymce_upload/022be572672915513917222e9b815a53.jpg

Nice.

My Phantom pre-order has arrived too but it came just seconds before we left the house to go away so I haven't even opened the parcel yet! We'll be back on Monday so I'll open it then. Can't wait to have a look at it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Phantom is one of my favourite aircrafts and the Airfix model looks very nice. I like the new Mitchell and the Hawker Sea Fury too in fact I've ordered the Sea Fury 1/48  to my local model shop.  They told me that they'd receive this new model at the end of January or maybe February.  Anyway, here in Spain Airfix is a popular brand among modellers.  At my local shop they've quite a lot of Airfix models.  

Hi all...

...not long been here, now...my son and I have a pair of 1/72 Supermarine Swifts, I bought a second as the first had a duplicated sprue...Airfix done good though, emailed me Weds, I replied thursday, replacement arrived Saturday! Both builds underway...

Also the Misses got me the Victor for Christmas...that`ll go in the stash for now

Cheers for now!

Hi Jeff

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear you,ve introduced your son to the joys of Airfix. That could br your Xmas gifts sorted for quite a few years to come; and maybe your Misses's; nudge-nudge-wink-wink.

Looking forwards to seeing the results and reading about your's and your son's Airfix adventures.

Remember we do this for fun                     John the Pom.

Hi Jeff

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear you,ve introduced your son to the joys of Airfix. That could br your Xmas gifts sorted for quite a few years to come; and maybe your Misses's; nudge-nudge-wink-wink.

Looking forwards to seeing the results and reading about your's and your son's Airfix adventures.

Remember we do this for fun                     John the Pom.

Thanks John...

...she done good...I`ll keep taking her to Swindon shopping, and loiter around the Hornby/Airfix shop!

Hopefully our efforts will be worth sharing!

Cheers, and yes we do it for fun 

Jeff

Look what the courier has just delivered. A parcel from Hornby - Oh what can it be?? 

/media/tinymce_upload/f7b297dda2dab562ee51fbdb3b9a773b.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/11f7c457c7cc60371856c122d67ac301.JPG

And its my Pre-Order of 2 Airfix Phantom FG.1's, YES THATS 2 KITS. Just had a quick look at the instructions and WoW it looks good, but sadly they will have to sit in the stash for a wee while as I have a few build projects planned before I can start a Phantom. 

Now I only have to wait until May18 for my next Pre-Order of the Wellington  😉

I've just received a parcel containing:

• More sanding sticks and some acrylic paint thinners
  • Precut masks for Airfix He111P-2, Bf109E-4, Hurricane and Spitfire MkI (remembered too late I ought to have got one for the Blenheim MkIV. Next time.)
  • Azur 1/72nd Potez 63-11 (might need to source correct Battle of France period decals for this one)
  • MPM 1/72nd Fokker D.XXI

The last two may be the final planes I add to my Air War 1940 "others" collection. With the other two French planes I already have, I think I have a fair representation of the French and Dutch air forces. The Belgians tended to use planes bought in from other countries, including several British types.

Oops I think the 1/24 Mossie is edging closer to the workbench with these...

MasterCasters 1:24 MST24001 De Havilland Mosquito NF.II / FB Mk.VI 2 Main Wheels

Air Master Series, Item No. 24-001: British Browning Mk 2 0.303in (7,7mm) Barrels - 4 Pieces

Oh dear there's more...

Airfix Club Ltd Edition 1/48th Scale Messerschmitt BF 109 E3-7

Eduard Zoom 1/48th Scale Messerschmitt BF 109 E3 Photo Etched Parts

Vallejo Model Air Paints (various colours)

Went to my local store with a quick shopping list... 

Airfix Jackal - sold in the week since my last visit despite sitting on the shelf for at least 3 months!

Airfix Swordfish Floatplane - same problem with it dissappearing. 

So instead I grabbed a 1/48 Hobbyboss T-34/76 model 1942 factory 112. 

This weeks haul in no particular order /media/tinymce_upload/ccd9b5712ea9d72fccd9ad13ad6a2c76.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/d1db1357401d3b816c63ff630acf59b1.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/5cf6aef1176fd834c6989afd0e7ee1a2.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/3dc097e3ea869e3b647ee4e795698606.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/e64b0c0efb4587d7cfd57642fa521b3b.jpg

Dropped into my LMS and found a flight of FG1 Phantoms on the shelf,    At £25, I was tempted by two or three, but as I normally build 1/48, I only got the one.    Then saw the Blenheim IV and thought of Heather's excellent builds, so got one as a trial.    Finally my daughter, who has a thing about Mini's, saw the Mini Starter set and skinned me for it.     Not a bad day, althought I's been hoping for the P51 in 1/48scale.....