Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which yellow? The Yellowjacks best OTC mix is actually Tamiya "lemon yellow" gloss. As a Brucie bonus, that even dries fast enough that if you can interior and build dead quick you can overcoat before sitting down, have dinner, and apply decals after coffee!

Damn... wrong yellow then.    I was going by memory from the box lid and got the XF3 flat yellow.

Looking at the colour chip on the back of the box, the lid of the XF3 looks a good match for thr Hu69 Airfix specify.

tbh, I don't mind if it is the "wrong" shade - she's in a Harry Potter phase and really wants a Hufflepuff model, so the yellow with black fin fits the bill, while I can do an all yellow one as a wingman, muddling up the serial number to build a different (ahistorical) aircraft.

...thats once I get all my pre-Christmas business admin out of the way....

Should I organise a search and rescue party to come and find you?!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4 (AF)

No need for a search party Gordon, but Patrick is right cos you lost me too! Sounded like you wanted to tell SWMBO all about my stash and modelling over spend, which would be a very bad precedent to set EH??                    

Should I organise a search and rescue party to come and find you?!  😆

Oh...... I know where I am .....I'm right here 60 miiles beneath Sicily....... 😉  Glorious Mediterranean weather today ....The sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky ........  That's beacuse it's my birthday today!

/media/tinymce_upload/96865379b952a6617738616f6dbb98d1.jpg

Wow PMM that's a lot of good reading material to keep you going! And you should love the AEW.2 kit, though I have yet to start mine! 

And I got a decent Santa stash too, including two 1:48th scale kits which is a step away from my normal genre of 1:72nd scale aircraft but I haven't had time to post them yet with being straight back to work on Boxing Day! 

I treated myself to a kit as a late Christmas present, for all my hard work on OO gauge Loco's and Rolling stock this year (already have over 30 items to do in 2019).

I did also treat myself to this beauty from Airfix's parent company..

/media/tinymce_upload/443a8eac4634db7bb4f6c1fe302fa7f4.jpg

As for the kit, I'm not going to tell you what it is - yet  😉

All I will say is Admin & the Moderator's will get the right 'Hump' and tell me "You shall not pass" in true Gandalf style  😎

VI have finally got round to sorting out my Santa Stash of models, though being the holiday period the post/images may be moderated for a few days.

/media/tinymce_upload/1fbd9b630d12bca6de2446095b919fb7.JPG

Firts we have the Grumman Martlet and a Fw190 Starter Set. Next .......... ,

/media/tinymce_upload/131d7f29f405994d625ea70ea0a1376e.JPG

The Westland Sea King HAR.3 Gift Set. And now for something a little different?

/media/tinymce_upload/de61f709f4baf99696997a9d6dc7c099.JPG

The Curtiss Tomahawk Mk.II. Well its different for me as it with be my first 1:48th Scale build!

/media/tinymce_upload/2dd39c5112e6882b98a3432c8993c004.JPG

And finally the 1:48th Scale Hawker Sea Hurricane Mk.Ib. Thank you santa for all my lovely gifts  😀

Now my Santa Stash has been posted, I've noticed a few typos. I must still have been suffering from some Xmas Spirit when I unloaded the post lol!!

Or you were just over-come with all that expectation. anyway "To Er Is Human." welcome to the human race.

Seems we have some interesting adventures to read about in the near future.

Remember we do this for fun.                         John the Pom

Thanks John and Yes I will try and post all my builds for those that are interested, but unfortunately my build schedule can't keep up with my growing stash? But hopefully I'll have lots to choose from when I'm growing old on a small pension lol! 

And Gordon the first thread on the Tomahawk has now been posted.............