Airfix Luftwaffe Airfield

Looks like the venerable Airfix Opel Blitz; acually quite a nice kit: The other bit tents etc did they come with the base set, they look very simular to the Hasgwaaaaar or the old ECSI sets: butthat tractor type thing skulking under the starbourd wing looks intererstinggggg, love to know where you aquired it. Very  nice little diorama, certainly adds some life to the Me-109-E, and give inspiration. Thanks for showing it I,m wondering if those base set are available in SA.

Remember we do this for fun                 John the Pom

I got all items apart, the Bf 109E, last version, the Opel Blitz with the PAK 40, the Luftwaffe Personal and the Amera base. Airfix had them together, with the older Bf 109E and named it as "WW2 Luftwaffe Airfield Set". The PAK 40 didn't had place here because was not available in 1940 and added a few fuel drums, the wooden planks bellow the aircraft, rebuild the tents with printed "Zeltbahn" pattern triangles and added the netting over the storage volumes moulded with the base. The planking is made from 30 x 3 mm plastic strips, painted in brown and the grass can be seen between the stips. The "things" was scratchbuild with plastic strips and some scrap parts, including two wheels and made after a model I've seen.

John, Amera ship abroad, if you contact them, most likely they can send you a quotation with the postage to SA.

If any of you want to make some similar tents, sizing was for the Zeltbahn 31 250 x 200 x 200 cm = 3.47 x 2.77 x 2.77 and this is the pattern I have:

/media/tinymce_upload/552a99ccf5df279a7e84956138d17045.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived