Hornby Skale Lighting?

Nictor

Ah, so they were made to be an addition to the Hornby Train Sets them. 

Sorry, Jacob, you've got it wrong again..........that's not what WTD said.........read his post again, carefully........we seem to be constantly assisting in your education.......... 😀..........HB

Well WTD used the phrase 'plug and play'. This is what I call a boxed train set. If you don't turn it to fixed layout and you open the box, set the track up on your carpet and take it down and put it back in the box when you've finshed, this plug and play.

GNR-Gordon-4

• 1 year later...

I also bought some cheap bits from Hattons, and whilst I was aware of the bad reviews on this forum, for the price you cannot go wrong.  Ok, so they are grain of wheat and not LED, so they will get a little hotter, but they do the job inside buildings perfectly.  I've got LED platform and yard lighting, but inside the buildings, I've wired up these.  They are neat and tidy, generous cable lengths, and the fused socket strip even has it's own on-off switch.

I like the look of the rival system which is LED, but so expensive, and I agree, you can do it all yourself if you're that way inclined, but I've got the 7 buildings I wanted lit up for £6.

Archived