new to hobby 6x4 track design

cain

hi recently got into the hobby as my son is very interested due to his grandfather introducing him to trains im looking at making a 6x4 layout for his bedroom that we can share this is what ive come up with so far any advice on wether this layout can work or any advice at all thanks in advance/media/tinymce_upload/087894660f7530a68d99bd574e75d19f.PNG

Welcome to the forums

Unless you only intend to run 0-4-0 locos try to avoid 1st radius curves. Most locos prefer 2nd radius or better.

Also as you are hard up against the board edge make sure there is clearance for overhang of locos and coaches as they come off the bends. Standup edges are worth thinking about to help prevent stock falling to the floor in event of a mishap.

Rob

Looks OK to me.

Two points to make. Its in the bedroom - you don't say if it's going to be permanent, I assume it is. Be aware that on the 4ft side you will not easily be able to reach derailments from the other side. There's going to be a hole in the middle of the board for you to operate perhaps.

I couldn't decipher the difference between blue and green track.     DC or DCC?   All new track/ locos? 

Your experiencece level? It would help with detailed recommendations from others only too keen to help.

Essentially two tracks will fit inside the 4ft measurement.

Good luck

Archived