RailMaster Version 1.70 now available on the download link

Guest Chrissaf

Hornby RailMaster 1.70 Release Notes - February 2019
====================================================
The latest release of RailMaster is a maintenance release.

● +Minor program enhancements and bug-fixes
● +Hornby 2019 locos added
● +Added deletion of schedules
● +Loco decoders in CV7 list now in alphabetical order
● +Uncoupler icon is highlighted when operated
● +Support for the new Select-a-Link interface for the Hornby Select
● +Support for sound wagons without motors (e.g. vent van)
● +Added loco decoders
   ESU 53611 Lokpilot standard loco decoder
   DCC Concepts Zmini decoder
   Doehler & Haass SD10A additional CVs
● +Added RailMaster.ini file option "Full controllers=1"
   To always show expanded loco throttles when opened
● +Added RailMaster.ini file option "Show animations=1"
   To enable/disbale point button animation
● +Automatic data backups when exiting now backs up up to seven days
● +Colour light signalling with Train-Tech signals improved (report anomalies to support@rail-master.com)
● +Loco functions F0 to F28 now supported in all areas
● +New programming command Execute to run external programs
● +New reset button on loco editing screen to reset functions to default (where available)
● +Updated for more robust communications with hand-held app
   Must use app version 1.23 or later
● +Guides updated for RailMaster 1.70 in five languages
● +The RailMaster app has been improved, including:
   Works with latest Chrome on Android and Safari on Apple
   Minor bugs fixed
   Pinch-to-zoom is enabled
   Communication between app and RM PC is more robust
   Uncouplers enabled
   Operation indicators for tipper, conveyor & uncouplers
   Guides updated for version 1.23 in five languages

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work again Chris...

Something's missing isn't it? The old chestnut of LD... it must be just around the proverbial corner then...? 😎

Glad to see the improvement on Train-Tech's colour light signals. One of my friends uses these and he'll be chuffed (no pun intended) to bits if they work correctly for him now. Might even push me to get some lol although I am in no hurry at this stage.

There was no separate LD.PDF in the V1.70 I downloaded.

Whilst on the subject of documentation. I have just noticed that one of the two new railmaster.ini lines mentioned in the 'release notes' has not been documented in the user guide railmaster.ini table list on pages 32 & 33.

'Full controllers=n' has been documented but not 'Show animations'.

No auto-prompt to update on my version, so it has to be a manual download for me. Seems OK.

The updated manual is worth reading again.

LD manual is obviously not going to be released until the kit is ready. Too much to ask that we could get a look see at how it works.

Not much info about setting up Select and -Link cable eitherd

I believe the 'auto-update' file comes from a different HRMS server. I daresay, 'auto update' detection will kick in during the next day or two. I remember in the past it has been the other way round, the 'auto update' kicked in before the new version appeared on the 'manual download' link.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have investigated a number of TTS locos, and they don't have the sound functions populated either.

Also the line below is missing

+Added RailMaster.ini file option "Full controllers=1" To always show expanded loco throttles when opened

I added it manually and it now works.

I added it manually and it now works.

Ahh William, Unless I have completely misunderstood you, it sounds like you have not realised that the large throttle has a scrollable function button panel so that you can see all the buttons.

The "Full controllers=1" line just opens the throttle in the full expanded view. But without that line being present, as per the previous RM software versions, you had to open the throttle to the expanded view manually.

This previous thread shows how to do that with some screen shots in a 'step by step' tutorial.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/sound-functions-in-rm/?p=1

Just be aware, then when HRMS add new options to the "railmaster.ini" file in a new software release. Your current working "railmaster.ini file" does not get updated to include them. They are only included for those new users of RM who are installing RM for the very first time. Or if you delete the current "railmaster.ini" file and force RM to create a new one. Personally, I wouldn't risk deleting the file else it could be a 'frying pan to the fire' scenario. I would always add new .ini file options manually, but only if I feel I can benefit from them.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.......

Was my understanding correct.....in that you didn't realise you could expand and scroll the large throttle function buttons.

Or do my 'words of wisdom' primarily relate to my comment about the .ini file not being modified by a RM version update.

I have upgraded my pro version, which I had to do it manually, my non-pro version which it did automatically and the Android Handheld version, which now runs on the latest Chrome Browser.

I have used the handheld version briefly and it appears to work well, touch wood, fingers crossed!

With regards the Android HH version. Was that as a fresh Android download from somewhere?

What were the individual set up steps that you followed?

I'm asking mainly for others as I don't use the HH.....and just my own curiosity.

... What were the individual set up steps that you followed? ...

When I selected my usual Android shortcut icon, it went straight to a text screen (not something I have seen before) and on there were several links in different languages.  I selected the English version (www.my-apps.eu/railmaster) and it then loaded up using my default Android browser (Chrome) and then it worked after automatically finding my main PC RailMaster on WiFi and loading up all my Loco's and Track Plan.

.....and then it worked after automatically finding my main PC RailMaster on WiFi and loading up all my Loco's and Track Plan.

Question.....did you still have to use a 'static IP address' on RailMaster......or did the HH find the PC automatically when the PC was using a DHCP (Dynamic) configured IP address?

For the information of others: DHCP.....Dynamic Host Control Protocol....a protocol that runs between the PC and the Broadband router that allocates the PC IP (Internet Protocol) address from a pool of addresses configured in the router. These dynamically configured IP addresses can time out and get changed over time. A 'static' IP address on the other hand, is manually allocated by the user and remains static (the same address) until the user changes it. DHCP as well as allocating the attached devices IP address (whether that be a dynamic or static one), also gives the attached device other vital Internet information such as the DNS (Domain Name Service) and 'Default Gateway' IP addresses. You can't access the 'Internet' without these additional IP configurations. When DHCP is enabled, all these actions and tasks happen automatically in the background without any user intervention.

I have downloaded the HH app to an iPad. My RM software runs on a laptop which is not my main computer so after finding my laptop assigned IPv4 address (CMD:IPCONFIG/ALL) and entered that, it loaded perfectly.

I closed the iPad app and reopened it and the plan and throttles opened as usual. There was no "set Static IP address" alert as was the case previously.

Still some inconsistent latency issues (perhaps due to other household WiFi traffic) and a couple of point throw failures. However, with the buttons working as expected it is easy to spot which road is clear. I wonder if one day we might see the blue/grey direction arrows on the HH versions? They are helpful.

I do have one track piece missing from the iPad version of the plan (which is in place on the laptop).

/media/tinymce_upload/1be934899bc395201207c9e9deaabf8c.png

This is one of the workaround pieces used to represent a diamond crossover which is not currently available in the track library, perhaps the HH version cannot deal with two track pieces in one grid square? Apologies for the oversized image.

R-

... Question.....did you still have to use a 'static IP address' on RailMaster ...

I have my main copy of RM on a laptop that has a static address. 

This is essential for my 2nd copy of RM as well as the HH.

Just updated to V1.7. All went OK.

Updated Ipad App when prompted. Had to re input my Ip address (Static) and Port start number then everything progressed smoothly.

Now have Zoom facility back which is great so I can operate my points again from the App. Also I can now operate my Tipper and Conveyor from the App.

Thanks RM

PS could still do with GWR semaphore signals.

Ducky

I just installed the update on to my Lenovo Ideapad 520s with "Intel HD Graphics 620"  and I am having HUGE problems with the display. When I click on a loco for the expanded throttle window, the window gets "pushed" around the screen by the mouse pointer. When I click in the window, part of it disappears showing the main window below. I had similar issues with an earlier release where the expanded throttle window got "stuck" to the mouse pointer. That problem all-but went away with a later version. This is similar but not quite the same.

Stop Press: Before posting this, I decided to try adjusting  settings in the Intel Graphics setup. Remarkably, by changing Scaling: "Maintain Display Scaling" to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", the problem seems to have gone away. I am recording this here in case someone else experiences something similar. I will now contiune with my trials of the new release. Can't wait to try out the Hand Held "app"!

I have the TTS Vent van  and very disappointed to find that the sound functions are not populated. A very odd oversight. At least F28 is there.

I like being able to have the large throttle windows open "large" as default, as per the .ini file setting. 

For anyone with more than one vent van (or any other serial locos) hand input the first one’s functions, save it then use the change loco ID icon to generate a new one with a new ID. Save again. The original will still be there. Repeat as necessary for more vans. Saves you having to type all the functions again for subsequent clones..

RM updated.......release announcement.

Found as a result of my daily checks.

There is now (today) a new version of the downloadable RM installer file. The installation still reports it to be version 1.70 revision 0

This is not unusual. HRMS have a history of releasing updated (undocumented revision) installer files within days (sometimes hours) of a new version being released. These later RM revisions are usually released with fixes to 'user' reported problems that seem to occur far too regularly after a new version release.

For those who have already updated to 1.70 you would need to manually install this later version to get this latest version. Those who haven't yet updated and are still on version 1.69 should get this newer version automatically when they do update.

Archived