HST TTS decoders

Trainman1974

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can awnser me this question.

I recently brought the Hornby Class 43 HST (MTU) decoder twin pack and I fitteded it in my super detalled HST power car and it worked perfectly with the supper detailed dummy HST power car just with a normal hornby r8249 decoder and it ran around my layout perfectly so I decided to swap the normal dcc decoder in the dummy car with the other TTS decoder and it made the power car keep stalling around my track but when I swapped the tts chip back out again and put the normal dcc chip back in it run perfect again.

so the question im asking is why this would be?

More info required.

Are you running both Motor and Dummy cars with the decoders using the same address?

or

Are you running both Motor and Dummy car decoders on different addresses in a 'consist'?

What DCC controller are you using?

I'm asking these question on behalf of others as I don't have any ideas for what might cause that. But I do know enough that the answers to these questions will assist others who might.

More info required.

Are you running both Motor and Dummy cars with the decoders using the same address?

or

Are you running both Motor and Dummy car decoders on different addresses in a 'consist'?

I'm asking these question on behalf of others as I don't have any ideas for what might cause that. But I do know enough that the answers to these questions will assist others who might.

Both the power car and dummy power car are both on the same address which is 03 I’m using a Hornby elite controller with latest firmware update version 1.44, thank you for any advice.

I have other super detailed HST's with the same configuration the TTS decoder is in the power car and a R8249 decoder in the dummy power car and I've tried to do the same with those and swapped out the normal decoder and tried a TTS decoder in the dummy car with the same thing happening runs and stalls around the layout and when I swap the nornal decoder back it runs perfectly around the track.

I think Hornby should start doing this if it brings any more twin packs for HST's is to have TTS decoder for the power car only and a normal R8249 decoder for the dummy power car because I dont think you need two with sound as they are loud enough just with one if you adjust the volume or use better speakers with there TTS chips

More info required.

or

Both the power car and dummy power car are both on the same address which is 03 I’m using a Hornby elite controller with latest firmware update version 1.44, thank you for any advice.

can you check the value of cv 29 of both decoders

It sounds like the rear powered car is running contra to the forward power car - tug of war!!!

no the power & dummy cars are both running in the right direction qith headlights forward and taillights on the rear and when you put the the power/dummy in the other direction correct lights headlight forward and taillights rear.

Try changing CV150 to a value of 1, this is the alternative motor algorithm. As the dummy car decoder is not subject to a motor load it may be significant. You may also benefit by making the same change to the motor TTS........HB

Not usually as far as I know.

Like most DMUs only one motor in the unit.

Though if you are running full length HSTs, then having two motorised power cars may be a good idea, as a consist...

Possibly the two sound decoders together are causing an intermittent overload?

Just tripping out for a second or two?

I have heard of some decoders that need a motor load to be present while being programmed, address, CVS, etc.

In this case, the usual answer is to program the decoder while plugged in to a motorised loco or power car.

Then remove the programed decoder from the motorised loco or power car, and install it into the dummy car...

I have done that with a super detailed HST power car and a Hornby Railroad HST power car with both having a TTS decoder in and it worked quite well running around my layout one pulling and one pushing and did not derail once on both 1st and 2nd radius curve

I have done that with a super detailed HST power car and a Hornby Railroad HST power car with both having a TTS decoder in and it worked quite well running around my layout one pulling and one pushing and did not derail once on both 1st and 2nd radius curve

and did this combination of loco's stutter ?

and did this combination of loco's stutter ?

No it didn’t stutter it actually run very smooth with no jerky movement nor one motor running faster than the other both set to the same ID and no changing of motor settings of CV150

Archived