Hornby 2020 range will be revealed on...

JeremiahBunyan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting selection, from what I've seen. I've got fed up with being unable to see everything, or at least waiting to view the complete list. Same thing happens every year

You will have kept Margate/SoT happy with the 'Unknamed Streak' - I don't know know his views on the Hush-Hush (He's kept them to himself) Yes, nearly a joke!!!

I'm not interested in that one. I like the 2 types of Thompson A2, although of the two I prefer Cock of the North. I'm not sure whether to get one of each. It's getting a bit expensive now and as it's only for the cabinet..... SWMBO is supportive but I don't want to ruin the goodwill.

Anyway had enough for the day.

😮

Pedantic mode. 😉

In relation to the special Terrier, "Merton".

Slide17.JPG.de1319bf9be71c40cb240cd70d88 

Tri-ang Toys did indeed have a factory at Merton, but it wasn't for making "Tri-ang Trains"...well maybe the children's toy trains!

Tri-ang Railways, were made only at the Rovex factory at Richmond, and from 1954 at Westwood, Margate, Kent!

Also, the Rocket set packaging is not 1960s style Tri-ang Railways...no photos on boxes then!

Slide14.JPG.f702b0299a3538e5f2a0abba4371

Only the red box and logo are revelant.

From the introduction of the "OO/HO gauge" logo, later 1950s, until 1965, when Tri-ang Hornby was created...

Well... otherwise I can appreciate the effort that has gone into the "period" ideas! 😆

The Gauge O 1920s No 1 replicas are curious, the original was clockwork, but there is distinctly a three rail pick up underneath in the image!  Hornby didn't go electric until 1928, and then only the Metropolitan 125 volt (or the No 2 4-4-0 according to some authorities) .

I also doubt these will; be nut and bolt tinplate construction either.

£524.99 too, WOW!

Very pleased indeed with the new range, plenty of 'wow factors' like the APT, Rocket and Hush-Hush.

For me, I'm very happy they're doing the Standard 2MT, though the price is high so that'll be my two years saving for Christmas 2021! Been on my list for a while that.

Really do fancy a Rocket too though...

Hush hush in apple green expected January 2021 .

Definitely some interesting products in this year's range!  I'm sorely tempted by Rocket and possibly the Hush Hush but am going to try and hold off on pre-ordering but we shall see how long that lasts!

Also did anyone else spot the boo-boo on p50 of the catalogue which mentions a TPE Nova 1 in the 2020 range - which is then nowhere to be found!  Am I right in thinking it's a slightly different subclass of the 800 than Hornby have produced thus far?  Presumably the model has been delayed to 2021 or held back for a mid-year addition (if H do that again).  

Sorry double post, but out of time to edit.

Noticed that R3679 (the PLA Peckett) isn't listed in the 2020 catalogue despite still being a pending release hanging over from previous announcements.  Curious, but it's still showing on the website here as Due Summer so hopefully my preorder is still valid too!