The Red Rose

Old Bob

ameThink it ran from Euston to Liverpool. Have you looked on line to find out what loco was used. I believe Tornado did some excursions with that headboard. 

Found this on you tube and the sign on ther rront is exactley the same but i do not have model of a Tornado !!

Hi RLC, A bit more info for you.

Red Rose was started by BR 3rd.May 1951 for  the Festivel Of Britain.

12.05p.m.  from Euston and 5.25p.m. from Liverpool Lime Street.

Last ran 1966.

When the original headboard was sold, on the back was inscribed Shed 1B, donating  that  Camden Shed owned the hadboard.

They looked after the locos which ran from Euston to Lime Street Liverpool.

Steam till 1963 then diesel till closure in 1966.

If you could find a list of the locos at that location between those dates, it may help you in finding a suitable match for one to haul that train.

Also found out that Hornby Dublo produced Red Rose loco Headboards as well as coach headboards.

One Dublo loco, 2220 Denbigh Castle, Br 7032 was sold at auction with that headboard.

I cannot confirm if 7032 was allocated to Camden.

I would presume a class 55 'Deltic' class is a strong contender for later trains.

The 'Southern' experts on here may be able to help  more.

Hi

7032 was a western region loco. Camden was the main London shed for the WCML, You can safely say that 7032 was never based at Camden.

Class 55 'Deltics' were ECML locos until their last couple of years when they would have worked Newcastle-Liverpool trains as well. They would only have strayed from those routes to work specials. However the prototype Deltic did a lot of trials Liverpool-Euston but that is a different loco, in appearance