Next years resolutions for modeling, collecting.

new lad on block

Hi All, Well, in just over 3 weeks a new year will start.

I look back every year and have a host of modeling projects either never completed or not even started. At the least the days are getting longer, even thougth the worst of the weather is still to arrive.

Next year I am definetly finishing the refurbishment of the 'shed'.New shelves, a coat of paint, better heating arrangements.

Layout back out, make time to check for any minor improvements / additions.

From the collecting / new models point of view, I am going to continue buying older models from the Rovex, Triang Hornby range.I greatly reduced the amount of brand new models I bought in 2019, I think in 2020, I may buy very little or even none.

What do other members aspire to do, (Modeling related), in 2020?

Having just completed 16 Gauge O wagons for my proposed industrial layout (8 all wood MSC tippers and 8 steel body chalk tippers) and having had the three industrial locomotives fitted with DCC sound, I must build the layout.

Build my first baseboard from scratch, put down the layout and begin ballasting and scenery. Already planned the extension onto a second board, but that may be one step too far for 2020!

Only have one DCC loco at the moment, so hoping to get more. Have quite a lot of freight rolling stock, so maybe get some more coaches too...

My resolution is build a small portable layout so I can give all 250 locos in my collection a service, a run to check them out and repair where necessary also to have a working overhead system to run a number of older models with working pantographs. Will need to look at buying a re-magnatizer.

From a collecting point of view looking to collect some Wrenn A4s, and a few more working pantograph locos from the 90's.