Wishlists 2021

Ratch

I to would love somthing more obscure like the buffalo plus the flying boats because there are hardly any early war american planes for things such as the pacific/media/tinymce_upload/b635bcda545a53e695d53f5f02a33071.jpgific 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always up for a wish list!

Now, the Ju88A-1 is promised from A N Other manufacturer this year, so I don't think it'll make the Airfix Top Ten.

Now the Beaufort is coming, surely its time for my regular battle cry of "1/72 Fairey Battle"! While I'm about it, what about a Blackburn Botha? Avro Manchester?

Time for some fantasy wish list items:

• A 1/72nd Handley Page HP42
  • Any varieties of interwar RAF biplane fighters and light bombers, even Fleet Air Arm types, would be lovely.
  • Some new airfield support vehicles in the smaller scale.
  • I reckon I would be very tempted by a 1/24th Gloster Gladiator.

I second the ground support set for the 'V' bombers Ratch, with the proviso that it should contain 'Blue Steel' handling vehicle.

Also would like to see Avro Manchester, Fairey Battle and Lincoln. The Gannet AEW 3 is available from another manufacturer in 1/72

A new tool bomber nose Canberra in 1/72

1/72 Skua, Roc, Firefly and Sea Gladiator (slight mod/ extra sprue for current Gladiator kit, so Malta aircraft can be produced)

1/72 Javelin

1/72 Jaguar

1/72 Scout, Wasp, Whirlwind (helicopter)

In no particular order of preference:

1/72 Sea Vixen

1/72 & 1/48 DH Venom and Sea Venom

1/48 DH Vampire (F.1 through FB.9)

1/72 Arado Ar 234

1/72 Dornier Do 335

1/72 Boeing B-29/Washington I

1/72 Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle

1/72 Hawker Tempest II/IV/V/VI

1/72 & 1/48 Westland Whirlwind Mk.I

1/72 F-84F Thunderstreak

1/24 Boulton-Paul Defiant

1/24 Me 262

1/24 EE Lightning

1/72 P-38E/F/G/H

Below are some product suggestions I have made to Airfix:  So not happy - again

Lockheed:  Neptune    T33A   U2 (re-issue).   Grumman: EA6A electronic intruder   Mohawk  Hawkeye North American:  F86H and  F86D (re-issue) FJ2 and  FJ3 Fury   F100 super sabre

I've said this before, but what about some 1/48 helicopters that haven't been tooled either a) recently, b) in TRUE 1/48 scale or c) both?  A Scout and Wasp. A Puma. A Lynx HAS.2/3.  A Gazelle.  A Sea King HC.4/Commando.  Surely I can't be the only person in the world who'd buy a couple each of those kits if they were out...

1/48 Westland Scout, 1/48 DHC Beaver

Judging by the popularity (and scarcity) of the 1/72 Scout, a 1/48 scale ACCURATE version of this iconic helicopter would be a best seller. 

The Beaver in 1/48 scale would also be bought in large numbers. The only other game in town is the now out of production and impossible (almost) to find Hobbycraft model, which was basic to say the least.

Other goodies would be an Auster 9 AOP in any scale, re-release of the FN Rifle and Tommy Gun and a whole series of WW2 British softskin vehicles in 1/35 scale.

Fingers Crossed

I'd love to see an updated Civilians set in !:72. Figures to provide colour to diorama's from WWII onwards. Model railway sets are generally quite static, soft in detail and expensive, so a decent set to replace the old Airfix railway figures would be very welcome.

But what scale? Airfix have done the Shannon and the Mary Rose in their small ships.

A nice 1/180 HMS Warrior would be good.

1/180 might work for the Warrior and Shannon, but Ithink the Mary Rose might end up being a bit small in that scale, maybe 1/72 to match the Golden Hind or possibly 1/87-1/100?

Or even add Warrior to the series one ships, and add a few more to the range, like Great Britain,  Great Eastern, Bounty, Discovery, USS Constitution...

I would like to see the following . . .

1/72nd Hurricane I with Metal Wing. ( New parts )

1/72nd Tempest II or V  ( New Tools )

1/72nd Sea Fury FBII   ( New tool.)

1/72nd Beaufighter ( Early version, with horizontal tail.)  ( New parts)  Also as a NF version.

1/72nd Mosquito BIV.  ( New Tool )

1/48th Hurricane I  with Fabric wing.  ( New parts)

1/48th Jet Provost T3 - T4  ( New tool )

1/48th  Vampire T11  ( New Tool )

1/48th  Vampire FB5   ( New Tool )

1/48th  Swift FR5   ( New Tool )

Others would be re-releases . . . . 

Fokker F-27 in original markings . . .

Aer Lingus.BAC Trident.HP42DHC Beaver.

Bronco

Sabre D

Skyray

Cherokee Arrow

Maybe some of the older cars, that are so hard to find these days.  

Sunbeam Rapier.

Ford Capri 

Mk10 Jag

BMC Mini, Maxi and 1100Morris

Marina

Austin Healy Sprite

Time to reissue some of the models that that been ignored for years (assuming the moulds are still available!)

DUWK

Centurion

Chieftain

and the JBmodel range especially, the Vickers VI

I always fanced doing the paddle steamer Great Western.

As for the 'bread and butter ' large aircraft range if it has to be yet another Ww2 German lets have something different rather than the usual FW 190, Me110, 109, Stuka - say Do24, FW Condor (several sets out of it!).  Someting completely different would be the The Blohm & Voss BV 138 Seedrache.