Forum Administration - UPDATE

Guest Chrissaf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam has certainly steered the forum well, every one of my contacts with him over the years have been courteous, helpful and expert. He will be missed, but let us also hope a successor will be foundย  and settles inย quickly.ย 

ย 

Thank you Adam.

ย 

We should not lose sight of the fact that of all the model railway manufacturers in the UK Hornby is the only one who hosts a publicย  forum, which allows a very open and complete means of discussing model railway matters with few limitations. It is a valuable asset which I hope users appreciate.

ย 

Long may it continue.

ย 

Many of you will have noticed and commented that certain aspects of the forum are not receiving Admin. attention.

This is due to many factors including the Christmas break, the 2020 product launch, and that we (the Community Moderators) have now learnt that Adam the forum administrator has left Hornby to seek new pastures.

The com mods know no more than this at present. It is evident that Adam's previous role does not appear to be fully covered yet, so expect significant delays in the forum basics such as getting images approved and download links updated.

The com mods are making every effort at our limited disposal to get the situation resolved.

I think we do realise that Rob. It is still a nice thing to do.ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

Agreed Brian. Although he did let the Com-Mods know he was going effective as of the Xmas break it would have been nice if he could have let the members know by way of a general post and then he would have seen their compliments afore he went.

I wonder how long it will take to recruit a new Forum Administrator. The forum will be a poorer place if people cannot post a picture, and although I know some of us are trusted to post pictures without moderation, it is going to be frustrating for the others, especially newbies who need advice, not to have their pictures showing a problem released quickly so they can receive help.