Hornby International - Lima Belgium Reintroduction

Rew

I would love to see Hornby International re-introduce the Lima range of SNCB / NMBS Belgian locos and rolling stock.  There were some superb stuff including the M4 driving trailer and coach pack, electric locos and unit sets, plus M2 and International classes of coaching stock, including the NS Benelux coach pack, which were used on Brussels - Amsterdam services.  I'm not sure if Lima had the M2 DVT though.

Hi Rew,

I don't remember any Belgian models since the business was acquired in 2004. Of course the Thalys is back this year. Anything made in the old factory which has not been produced since Hornby bought the companies is unlikely to be returning. Afraid the tooling for many items were not stored carefully and proved impossible to re-introduce.

On the positive side, you are getting new tooling for SNCB - the Class 81 steam loco (Jouef - HJ2403)

Tim

Hi Rew,

I don't remember any Belgian models since the business was acquired in 2004. Of course the Thalys is back this year. Anything made in the old factory which has not been produced since Hornby bought the companies is unlikely to be returning. Afraid the tooling for many items were not stored carefully and proved impossible to re-introduce.

On the positive side, you are getting new tooling for SNCB - the Class 81 steam loco (Jouef - HJ2403)

Tim

Hi Tim,

That's a pity, the Belgian stuff is really good, and now extremely hard to get hold of, especially the M4 DVT set, which I passed over in the old shop Brand in Brussels.  I brought a couple of Roco Memling instead.  I did find in Jocadis a Benelux push pull set though.

Andrew