Endoscope or boroscope

morairamike

For fun I bought a endoscope of the net.

Thought it would come in handy for checking drains in house and for looking in my train tunnel if train derailed.

Today I tried it out in my churchyard. Not bad resolution on the camera. The pictures are .PNG which don't upload but there is a small app called LIT photo that will compress and also change to . JPEG which do upload. So here are two pictures of headstones taken from almost 00 eyelevel. 

/media/tinymce_upload/bdf0719a634cd94ae54ac9f69c95af5a.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/ec187b25d8299a32edaa1e3b69f8e689.jpg

This topic made me laugh !

Many years ago I was the officer responsible for the introduction of new equipment into the Fire Service that I served in.

On my desk I had a boroscope and an endoscope for evaluation.

Another officer, senior to me, decided he would have a go with them to see how they worked, so took them away.

A few moments later a shout from the said senior officer made a few of us look into his office.

Coming out of his desk draw was smoke and charred paper ! The end of the equipment had heated up when he pushed it iinto the closed draw and had set light to some of his paperwork !! 😀

He never took any more equipment off my desk after that. 😎

Endoscope is generally a medical device for looking inside the human or animal body. Such scope uses are named after their specific examination function.

Borescope is similar but used for internal examination of other things, usually mechanical, e.g. engines, drains, structure, etc..

I have an Endoscope, that plugs into a Smart Phone.  The tube at the end of a length of very stiff cable (that stays where you put it)  is about 8mm Diameter and contains LED lights around the Camera.  It gives an extremely good quality picture.

In those days they had a great big lamp box with a film projector bulb which shone down the fibre optic ‘cable’  The business end had a metal probe with a focusing eyepiece. Various probes had prisms to look forwards, sideways or backwards. 

A tad different to those used today which can be moved and focused remotely and have cameras and led illumination, etc.