Rocket Third Third Class Open Coach

ColinB

A seller on ebay has sold 78 of them with more than 10 still available, don't see how he managed to get so many while a lot of dealers seem to have had their allocations cancelled.

Is it a genuine seller or a scam collecting money and folk never getting their goods. A direct link to the product page would be handy for further investigation.

If you are tempted to get one off eBay make sure you pay through PayPal. If you don't get the goods you will get refunded. Some sellers say they don't want PayPal, be very wary of them. Yes PayPal costs the seller money but it does provide a decent degree of protection. I have had a few refunds but eBay doesn't take the sellers down or prevent them setting up under a different name. Always complain if something isn't right and leave bad feedback. You are helping to protect other customers. 

Thanks for the link.

If you scroll down that page you will see the items on general sale offer are surplus to their customer pre-orders from their allocation and that even the dealer orders had been cut by 20% by Hornby, so it all seems legit.

It does seem a tad expensive for what is just a fancy wagon though.

I wonder if this will happen with the Hush Hush loco. I bet their Dealers really love them, especially as probably they have lost all credibility with their pre-order customers.This goes one of two ways either poeple won't bother pre-ordering as it is a waste of time and wait to see if they come onto the market or they will order earlier, but then some people have had their orders cancelled did exactly that. 

My 3 are on their way.

Got mine Direct from Hornby. Unless there is a massive saving I choose Hornby. Rails and Hattons if the saving is big. Or eBay if they're all sold out elsewhere.

Clicked the above link to the eBay sale and noticed the only feedback left was to say the order had been cancelled. I would reiterate the statement above re buying from eBay. Allways use PayPal. I've got thousends of items over the years and never lost out. As an example recently I wanted an Xbox controller and it had to be Bluetooth. I actually ended up paying for 5. 2 where highjacked accounts, and the money was refuned by eBay. 2 did not have Bluetooth, 1 was refunded by the seller before it was sent, the other, after it arrived and was found not to have Bluetooth (dispite being listed as such). In the end I paid more and got the Latest Xbox Series S version. Thing is, I did not lose out.

Well my 3 open coaches arrived today. Nice detail, just one complaint. They have no couplings; they do have hooks that match the ones on the Roaket and its coaches. I guess one is supposed use the "chains" from and replace the coaches that come with the Rocket, with one of the new blue open coaches as with the replica as recently ran.

I got 3 because I wanted to replicate something based on the trains in the old print/drawing tittled "Traveling on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway". This shows 2 Rocket like trains one pulling 4 yellow Rocket type coaches, a red one and a flat bed carrying a landau. The second train (the most Rocket like) is pulling 5 open coaches; 3 very much like the Hornby open one. It's a good thing that I have replaced my couplings with chain from a necklace. Otherwise I would have been short of a few.

I've had the messages, my coach is due to be delivered tomorrow, hopefully.  😉

Well, confusion reigns....

I had both a text message and an email yesterday, Monday, stating that my DPD package would be delivered today, Tuesday.

No it wasn’t...

When I activated the DPD App this morning , it said that DPD didn’t have the package yet...

This evening, it now says that the package is en route, and is to be delivered tomorrow, Wednesday...(I will say again, hopefully!...)

So, another day gone...  🤔