1:72nd Scale Bristol Beaufort Mk.I

T2B

Chris that's a generic email and probably sent because a number of duplicate posts were deleted, not cos you mentioned another retailer. It had me wondering last week too!

Correct, there were about 4 of each post. It was a bit tricky because there were some replies which quoted the previous comment complete with picture. I think I sorted them correctly.

That's why I put the note about submitting once and waiting for a good bit for it to load rather than keep pressing submit.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hannants finally got some Beauforts in and I've ordered mine, along with a set of Kits World decals. But, of course, they are all out of the Eduard mask sets!
Hopefully, by the time I get to that stage, I'll be able to find a set.

Chris
Is there any need to quote the picture Chris?

Sorry! Forgot to delete the photo. Sometimes this particular forum works a bit different from what I'm more used to.

Chris

A little more progress being a couple of wing decals, the horizontal tail surfaces secured in place and the exhaust collector rings sprayed. The engines were stained a little before final fitting.

forum_image_60754d84e95b6.thumb.png.067ba076551cf6f097ed1b23ae4ca33b.png

Hi T2B,

I've also been making this kit, and am at the stage of being ready to apply decals. The only issues I've had have been removing the small turret fairing for the larger fairing, I took a bit to much off, and had to use filler to repair. Did you notice that the exhaust outlet on each engine was at a different position, one higher than the other? I wonder if that's prototypical, or if it's just me getting it wrong?

I wanted to post a reply to PMM about the exhausts. My first attempt with pictures was rejected, so here goes with the second.

I had a problem understanding the exhaust stack location, as a problem with a much earlier release of the model by another well known manufacturer. I then checked numerous, freely available, internet pictures of the real aircraft.

Based on a position reference with respect to the top of the undercarriage doors and the upper/lower camouflage demarcation, I concluded that the starboard exhaust was set lower than the port. This is also suggested by a well known 3/4 front view of a 217 Sqn aircraft.

I will try to post some pictures which illustrate my suggestions.

Hope this helps.

Dominic

Hi all, sorry but I've been away for a few days and missed this thread and my modelling but yes the engines are probably slightly over engineered and each part is handed so care must be taken not to mix up parts. And yes PMM I found that the port exhaust stub is slightly higher than the starboard side, and I also noted that the cowling torsion bars are also offset, so no it's not you getting things wrong (unless we both are)! And I too was over enthusiastic with my sanding of the original turret fairing.

I am just finishing off my decals tonight ..............

The port ( left ) side exhaust pipe is at the 3 o'clock position, on the outboard side of the cowling.

The starboard ( right ) side exhaust pipe is at about the 8 o'clock position, on the outboard side. As soon as the Mods okay the photo I posted earlier, you'll see what I mean.

T2B, those are not torsion bars holding the exhaust collector ring in place. The are just straight solid struts, near as I can tell or have ever read about.

Chris

Looks like the website is only accepting single images again so here goes 😕.

I should of completed the turret and MG blister earlier but working on them now. Bit of a vague fitting for the blister/MG so will add a brass rod to assist. Torpedo and props done, waiting for final assembly.

forum_image_608013b5e0e47.thumb.png.97fbf6cb75b66a9ccaf1019f1444b483.png

The camera is very good at showing up minor imperfections, but not so good at showing the cockpit detail. But take my word for it, the cockpit glasing is very clear so the details can be seen so I'm pleased I spent time painting the interior!

forum_image_6083d0123cba9.thumb.png.60101715d392679bc04fee36bd99a642.png