London Underground

Why or why has there been no underground set? Puzzled me for decades those critics that say..Why because it`s Underground then London can be built and the underground could exist underground viewed by glass screens..naturally moles ,rats,sewage works piping and litter could be added for realism

Both Hornby and Bachmann have produced London transport panniers at some point and there are the above mentioned EFE sets.

There was also an article in the Railway modeller (possibly during the mid to late 1970s) showing how a chapo had run his London Underground layout under the floorboards... and then I noticed the date of the magazinr - April!

However the principle could work for example behind furniture to get a longer run with stations appearing at a few places. Access would of course be needed for derailments.

Bachmann EFE released a set recently as Barrie Davis did a review of it on YouTube. It appears he used to drive them so he explained a lot about them, really good desciption of what all the bits were. Sadly he was saying that his and many others had a lot of build issues.

A long time ago now...but still in this galaxy! 😀

There was also the Ever Ready, yes, the battery people, Underground train set.

Designed to run off batteries!

It was, I seem to recall, 3-rail, so closer to the prototype than the modern EFE Rail 2-rail trains! 😉🙂

Ever Ready Underground train set advert 1950's. | Ever Ready… | Flickr

London Underground train set (Ever Ready T.G.10) - The Brighton Toy and Model Index (brightontoymuseum.co.uk)

Ever Ready Underground trainset box lid artwork. | Ever Read… | Flickr

🐉🤷🏼‍♀️

Ruffnut, i got one of the Ever Ready coaches in a box of junk once that also more interestingly for me included a Tri-ang Princess with a Mk 2 motor. It was a very poor tinplate model and similar to the few items that Brimtoy/Mettoy made in 00 that also normally came with a battery controller but were 2 rail. Maybe they made the sets for Ever Ready?

I put the Ever Ready coach on eBay and someone from Finland or Denmark bought it. I hope they liked it more than I did.

• 2 weeks later...