General Discussion about TT:120

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried to order the free TT ROW club memebrship but it wouldn't let me. It said it couldn't ship to my location. I then tried the standard ROW club memebership and it went throgh as a free membership.

I am not sure that was supposed to work! I expected another screen asking for payment if it accepted it!

Is there flexible peco track in yard / 1m lengths available in TT120

As you probably noticed your original post which included an image was held back for release by a moderator, hence your second post got here before it.

I would suggest a better place to look for an answer would be on Peco’s web site, or possibly some of the larger adverts in the model railway press. This forum only has shop info for Hornby TT:120 track.

I’m looking forward to getting my hand on a set and building a layout. I’m only just returning to model railways at 55 and I don’t have much investment in OO and only have a 3 lane tail chaser at 6ft by 4 ft that I built to keep my grandkids amused when they visit.

It will definitely interesting to see if Metcalfe decide to bring out some card kits in the scale.

Has any found a good link for track geometry yet as I’d like to see what’s possible with the space I have.

Myke.

Firstly, congratulations to Hornby I really hope that this venture is a success.

As someone in their 50's who was returning to the hobby and for space reasons I had started a small venture into N and have found it just too fiddly for my eyesight and dexterity, OO is too large in a smallish modern flat even living alone so this is ideal for people like myself.

I am working out the geometry and space I have at the moment as far as a layout is concerned, but have initially made a small order of one of my favourite's, the humble class 8 workhorse. I look forward to future developments with interest.

Has any found a good link for track geometry yet as I’d like to see what’s possible with the space I have.

@Myke
This thread gives you the information you need:
The AnyRail Layout Planner now includes the Hornby TT:120 Track Library :: Hornby Hobbies

Yes I see that thank you.

But at £47 for a keycode for the full program is a bit expensive. 😳😳😳

Moderator Note: The free download will probably allow you to do everything you need to do.

I've just worked the cost of buying everything in 'The Easterner' set separately - £362.72*!
That's quite a saving . . .

*Assuming my maths is right.
Yes, the sets are an extremely good price, I'm thinking about the Eastener Set even though I only really want the loco and possibly the track.

Rana Temporia

1215posts

View User

Posted at 15:26:30 Fri 14 Oct 2022

I would be interested to see the first person to fit the new chassis to other locos such as the Kitmaster Royal Scot or some of the static models (Amercom?) that were made of British and other prototypes at what was supposed to be TT.scale. I know there will be a slight difference in that the older models and the static ones are strictly 3mm and not the current scale but it’d provide a quick source of new models until the Hornby range increases.

I have motorised a few of the Atlas (Amercom?) models, A4, A3, V2, Duchess, W/C, Baltic tank, all with Tri-ang TT chassis, look on YouTube just type in Triang TT V2 etc.