General Discussion about TT:120

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm unlikely to receive the Eastern train set by Christmas then??, I'm a newbie, so apologies if I seem a bit brash, been looking forward to my very first train set for absolute years, saw TT: 120 as my way in, bit disappointed that Hornby do seem rather vague on these pre orders.

RDS Mod Note: As a newbie (your words) maybe you have not seen the very genuine reason for the delay. Hornby is a very professional organisation in terms of getting detail correct and it is for this reason that the sets are delayed. Also, please see my post below about picking a nickname.

The impending delivery of some Hornby TT120 stock before Christmas is brilliant news, I know my orders will take longer (Easterner Set and various pre orders) but in scheme of things what an impressive result from Hornby to get Scotsman sets here and hopefully to some excited customers before Christmas. The wheel issue was the last thing the team needed but it goes to show the dedication of everyone involved in the TT120 project to overcome the issues.

I would like to say a big thank you in advance to the entire team involved getting TT 120 to reality, I have a fully functioning TT 120 layout and no Hornby products on it but can’t wait for what you have worked so hard to create make its debut.

@Wayne

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

My apologies, I didn't mean to sound like I was having a go, although it probably did, hopefully my next question will be a tad better, I know TT:120 is very new, but I have a favourite engine and was wondering if Hornby had any plans to release it in the future, forgive me if I get this wrong, but I believe the engine I'm after is a Deltic 55 Co-Co diesel, I know Hornby do a few versions in 00 scale, dont have room for that scale unfortunately, hence why I was really pleased that TT:120 has been released, if above mentioned engine was available, what kind of prices would we be looking at as well please.

... wondering if Hornby had any plans to release ... a Deltic 55 Co-Co diesel, I know Hornby do a few versions in 00 scale. If above mentioned engine was available, what kind of prices would we be looking at as well please.

No mention of a 55 in the current plans up to phase 4 (as per the catalogue) but a few designs of other 6 axle diesels are "in the works" ( 31, 37, 47, 50, 66) so the general arrangement of the drive mechanism should be adaptable to produce a 55 if Hornby decides to. Prices would presumably be similar to the the likes of the 37, 50 etc. The 50 is listed on pre-order at £145.99

I really hope so as the Deltics are such a favourite they would be sure to be a top seller. Right now the World is at Hornby’s feet in terms of how they take TT120 forwards. They have unrivalled market knowledge, clearly they have a skilled and substantial design team dedicated to TT120 and if the buzz around the whole TT120 scale is translated into sales this could turn the model railway hobby on its head in UK and quite possibly abroad.

A nice early green version of KOYLI with full sound fitted would be epic!

I have quite a lot of the old TT3 system. It is the same scale, and quite neat for its age. I also have a very nice CORGI A4 in the same scale, so I have an appreciation of just what a good step this is for Hornby. The detail is beautiful. I hope it does well after such massive investment. No doubt other manufacturers are looking closely at this range. Scalescenes downloadable card kits are already available, and can be easily adapted for this scale, so you can get cracking on with a layout as soon as you get your track and stock. A very innovative and brave move from Hornby.

Producing some simple card downloads for Club Members shouldn't be too hard to do to enhance the available items. Low Relief backing, backscenes, cottages, houses etc. These will populate the layout until more items become available.

I have quite a lot of the old TT3 system. It is the same scale, and quite neat for its age. I also have a very nice CORGI A4 in the same scale, so I have an appreciation of just what a good step this is for Hornby. The detail is beautiful. I hope it does well after such massive investment. No doubt other manufacturers are looking closely at this range. Scalescenes downloadable card kits are already available, and can be easily adapted for this scale, so you can get cracking on with a layout as soon as you get your track and stock. A very innovative and brave move from Hornby.

Producing some simple card downloads for Club Members shouldn't be too hard to do to enhance the available items. Low Relief backing, backscenes, cottages, houses etc. These will populate the layout until more items become available.

Scalescenes seem to only do 00 gauge and N gauge at the moment. How would you adapt them for TT?

Scalescenes seem to only do 00 gauge and N gauge at the moment. How would you adapt them for TT?

Answering my own question here as just went on their website to find this. By changin printer settings.

TT scale (1:120) - reduce Scalescenes OO to 63%

Hobby,

The track gauge is the same and I have put videos on of the new 120 train running on old Tri-ang track.

Also videos of old Tri-ang locos running on new Hornby track.

However, they run fine on plain track but some okay with the points and some not okay (easy remedy).

That is all that does match up though, there is a considerable difference in physical height, width and length, again there is a Youtube video I put on showing this.

Garry

Only because of not enough available yet, all the first consignment of sets has but Hornby I doubt will have a list saying "A" has a set but not "B" so we will only send track to "A".

Hornby announced track would be released once sets were available and they have done that irrespective of who has a set or not, it is not teasing you as you state.

If you ordered a Scotsman set your were later ordering than the others mnd it will come later, if you ordered an Easterner then that will be next year.

Garry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...