What do people hope to see in the range?

david_watts1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they have them in development, but signals, level crossings and a turntable.

The beauty about the TT range is that the scale is the same as the rest of the World. No special UK scale anymore. So every TT product goes. As Simon K mentioned in the introduction video, this is one the things he sees as the big advantage of TT.

This means that you can get your turntable from some of the continental TT manufacturers. Roco has a TT turntable that will fit the Hornby track.

@Stephen

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

At 419.90euro (not sure if VAT, import duties and Shipping is included) it's a bit steep, plus it might not be big enough for something like a Duchess.

Yeah, it is definitely not cheap. A cheaper turntable will have a fair chance. Perhaps PECO will make theirs in TT scale.

The Duchess is that the Coronation class? If so, the bridge of the turntable is 183 mm with the largest loco being able to turn having a total wheel distance of 170 mm. If the Duchess can fit its wheels within 170 mm it can turn on the table. It will be a tight squeeze if possible.

I'd like to see a complete scaled down duplicate of the OO track, including a level crossing which seems to be missing at present.

It's OK buying Sets and Track Packs but when you get into setting up a brand-new layout you need all the extras before you start, otherwise apart from having a smaller gauge, you might just as well stick with OO

My OO layout is 5m x 4m and about 1m width on all sides, imagine how much more I could run if I replaced my OO with TT.

Or run the same but using a smaller area.

Showing a natural bias I guess, but I would love to see SR Merchant Navy "New Zealand Line" in original air-smoothed running, and also LNER A4 "Dominion Of New Zealand" in blue. I'd be onto either (or both) of those like a robber's dog if they ever made an appearance in the range.

I also generally hope, with this being a clean-sheet project for Hornby, that they are able to plan and then deliver on time and to the quoted prices at announcement.

HK.

For me one of the main missing items is DMUs. I'd really like to see a class 101; these were around for almost 50 years and wore a lot of liveries in that time. The class 121 were also around for a long time too.

Bit surprised that — so far — there is no BR standard brakevan or 16 ton mineral proposed.

Given the items in the brochure go Phase 3 and 4 releases and they are only showing Phases 1 and 2 for pre-order, it will be a while before anything else is released.

For steam locos, that means only tender locos for some time, smallest appearing to be Castle Class. Not even a whiff of any tank engine.

They may well be scratching their heads on fitting decoders into smaller locos with no tender.

They may well be scratching their heads on fitting decoders into smaller locos with no tender.

No reason they should be, tank engines are being done by Continental manufacturers without a problem... and even the Arnold (Hornby) Köf can be converted to DCC (though with some careful work, as that does have limited space in.

1:120 is not a new scale.