What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

Do I need to panic yet that I had the email on Tuesday saying my pre order Scotsman digital set had arrived, payment taken Thursday but order still showing in process and not dispatched? Or others that have more experience, is this normal?

Did the Eastener DCC show as in stock on Hornby at all, or all gone on preorders? I’m thinking do I buy one from the other retailers but at extra cost. (I’m still not sure if I should buy but it’s good value for the loco, coaches and PSU…)

Don’t think they showed in stock at any point. The annual report suggests that Hornby are expecting several deliveries through the autumn, so it may not be long to wait if you want to use the club discount and buy from Hornby.

(good to see your post btw, we’ve missed you)

Do I need to panic yet that I had the email on Tuesday saying my pre order Scotsman digital set had arrived, payment taken Thursday but order still showing in process and not dispatched? Or others that have more experience, is this normal?

No need to panic. Even an email to say DPD are expecting your order doesn’t mean that they actually get it the same day.

I had one delivery “dispatched” from Hornby’s warehouse on a Friday but DPD didn’t actually get it until early the following week. Customer Care told me that they are processed and then wait for collection, or something like that. I imagine the warehouse has had a few hundred of the 4 sets to send off as well as the normal weekly order workload.

The DPD app tells of every step on the way, even to the driver’s name and hour of delivery.

I had a DPD driver sit outside my house on Friday for a few minutes as he was early according to the website. Of all the delivery companies DPD win hands down, Evri ( Hermes) lost a £200 model ship kit I bought for a friend and tried to get them to fix it was impossible.

Railbob

I do agree that DPD are good - especially if you have good drivers on the rounds that serve your address. Generally, they’re usually within a few minutes of the start of the given delivery slot. Once DPD have the parcel, things often move well, although sometimes the tracking can be glitchy.

Evri can be good at the local level if you have a conscientious local courier - ours often follows up problems posted on the local Facebook group.

Thanks Moccasin, I appreciate that.

Ah, I’m glad I haven’t missed it, although I did miss the recent price increases, retailers selling TT and the release of the blood and custard coaches! Quite a shock to the system on my return 😅.

Frizinghall apparently have the digital Easterner set in stock but only at 5% discount on RRP - Gaugemaster, Cheltenham & TMC are suggesting Sept I think.

Frizinghall apparently have the digital Easterner set in stock but only at 5% discount on RRP - Gaugemaster, Cheltenham & TMC are suggesting Sept I think.

I was looking and that’s where I saw them. Not sure what to do quite yet so I’ll probably wait for Hornby and the discount plus points if I do it, I can always use more points 🙌

No need to panic. Even an email to say DPD are expecting your order doesn’t mean that they actually get it the same day.
I had one delivery “dispatched” from Hornby’s warehouse on a Friday but DPD didn’t actually get it until early the following week. Customer Care told me that they are processed and then wait for collection, or something like that. I imagine the warehouse has had a few hundred of the 4 sets to send off as well as the normal weekly order workload.

Thanks Mocassin. I’ll see what the start of the week brings. And I know what you mean as ordered some stuff the other week and got the email from DPD on the Thursday and it was delivered on the Tuesday.

just generally, I’m the person that if it’s going to go wrong, it happened to me!

Thanks Mocassin. I’ll see what the start of the week brings. And I know what you mean as ordered some stuff the other week and got the email from DPD on the Thursday and it was delivered on the Tuesday.

That's the problem the despatch email don't actually say what day DPD will deliver or at least I could never determine this information. I always go in and change the delivery date. Doing this allows me to set what day an order arrives which will either be a Monday or a Friday as I'm lucky to be able to work from home on those days.

If an order arrives on any other day then I am relying on the good will of my wife to accept it and she gets annoyed when I get packages from Hornby sweat_smile

I was looking and that’s where I saw them. Not sure what to do quite yet so I’ll probably wait for Hornby and the discount plus points if I do it, I can always use more points 🙌

Looks like more stock is due next month so get your pre-order in ASAP if you haven’t already. You can always cancel if you miss the next shipment and other retailers offer a decent discount on them.

Just had an update email from Hornby apologising for an admin error as they accepted more pre orders than they had stock arrive for, meaning I’m not going to see my set till next month now 😢

Sorry to hear that but just shows how strong demand is. Could be worse I guess given how long this batch has taken to arrive.

Sorry to hear that but just shows how strong demand is. Could be worse I guess given how long this batch has taken to arrive.

The positive is I can stop procrastinating, finally finish my layout design and start building the baseboard for it and be ready for when it arrives.

The positive is I can stop procrastinating, finally finish my layout design and start building the baseboard for it and be ready for when it arrives.

A month isn't too bad. I've waited since April 18th for mine (arriving in approx 4 hours pray) and I know some people had it on pre-order since January. Hopefully when the next batch arrive we will reach the situation where they are shown as in stock on the website which should help to encourage new people into the scale.

Received today:

2 more sets of people, some track cleaning pads (no idea how well they work, but worth a try).

forum_image_64d392d753b5d.thumb.png.939f61f0b11372abbcac7a5ddb58250f.png

And some German Refrigerated wagons that are on trial (my layout is set circa 1947, after WW2 stuck_out_tongue). These may well get a repaint to make them more British smile.

As should be the case with ferry vans (apparently) blush Loading gauge looks similar to UK rolling stock.

forum_image_64d392da9e281.thumb.png.2cd46cea8a187da85219f4f2fb2da9aa.png

forum_image_64d392df895e5.thumb.png.ac7bf389920f9660bb22bf87267c7ef9.png