What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

Finally some scale people!

Got 3D printed scale people from PJ Printed Models. Had an initial mix up but it was dealt with instantly and very courteously. The resend even included a free gift of a few extra people. Brilliant service. Well done!

Hope this is not against forum rules to credit good customer experience! Not in any way affiliated with the company.

A bumper crop arrived today and a side effect of the double points weekend.

The DB Schenker 08, a DCC Nighthawk, a DCC Silver King, a crimson & cream MK1 BSK and a Pullman 3rd class Brake - the No 65.

I bought too much recently and should have resisted but the double points where too much to resist joy

I ordered a few vent vans to extend my goods train. They arrived with a Hornby catalogue (my first Hornby catalogue since the 90s). Amazing how much the range has expanded, the new catalogue is massive. Reminds me of the Walthers catalogues I used for my US outline modelling.

The TT section is only a couple of pages but presumably the 2024 catalogue will go all-in on the TT range.

The TT section is only a couple of pages but presumably the 2024 catalogue will go all-in on the TT range.

Simon Kohler told me a couple of weeks ago that it was always intentional to have, and keep, TT separate from 00 which is why there were two catalogues printed, yours does say 00 in small print. The TT one came out last October.

The advert was just to direct you to a new scale that is all and there was no point putting a 00 advert in the TT one as everyone knew of it.

No doubt as Simon has left now any decisions made then, could be changed for later.

In reality who would want nearly 300 pages of 00 when you want to look at TT?

yours does say 00 in small print. The TT one came out last October.
In reality who would want nearly 300 pages of 00 when you want to look at TT?

Someone who models in more than one scale might appreciate a one stop shop rather than two catalogues cluttering up the workbench ;)

I have the original catalogue from the membership pack.

Someone who models in more than one scale might appreciate a one stop shop rather than two catalogues cluttering up the workbench ;)

Tri-ang once went for a joint one with 00 and TT but reverted back to the best option of two separate ones.

Why would someone want to pay and have 300 pages to store of non relevance?

Today as a consequence of the 1 year anniversary double points offer I received a DCC equipped Easterner set. The William Whitelaw is currently running in as we speak after performing the customary de-stressing of the 3rd radius curves.

This particular locomotive has a couple of issues.

1. I found a metal bar loose in the plastic container. At first I could not understand where this had come from but after comparing it to my Silver King I found it to be a part of the trim just above the wheels on one side of the loco. Annoying but to be honest I would not have even noticed it there if I had not gone looking!
  2. Initially it derailed a few times with the front tender lifting off but after that has settled down and is currently fine. I suspect some adjustments will be required to make it into good runner starting with removing the black tape.

If there are no other issues I'll probably look to reattach the black bar rather than return to Hornby.

It's strange but so far I have found my 4 A1 and A3 locos to run better out of the box when compared to my 3 A4s!

@david , it's not part of the front bogie. I think some pictures are in order.

This shows the detached bar from my William Whitelaw:

forum_image_652a6875b480e.thumb.png.de006e08dd49f2c888bd8d288cf1a106.png

This is from my Silver King showing where the bar should go for comparison:

forum_image_652a687e8b18b.thumb.png.284c0ff8904b24c9982ef72295af833e.png

After a few derailing issues in the first few minutes of running in the William Whitelaw has been running fine although I only had a chance to try it out with radius 3 curves last night.