What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

A (I think) very impressive factory and a pair of bus stop shelters in plastic kit form.

forum_image_64354cb05a596.thumb.png.9adc2a69ddeaeb5211c2f6f143aa06f5.png

forum_image_64354cb2be4a4.png.06786ea7b44d6c96d7275eda5a2cfb3b.png

I have been looking for a couple of months for a factory building I felt looked as good as this to no avail, so I bit the bullet.

I do need to convert it to RHD (or more precisely convert the rail platform in from left side to right side) for my planned usage).

I don't think that will be anywhere near as straightforward as it sounds so a bit of kit bashing on a fairly pricey kit does make me a bit nervous, but needs must !

forum_image_64354cb5194bd.thumb.png.ce783b0cec8fc9af7775bba3aaa5e9bb.png

Previous post awaiting picture approval.

Also just in:

3DP resin named station signs.

Loco drivers/firemen and guards set (same as Dave the Busker and David Watts1).

Decals for early BR Class 08 shunter.

3DP plastic Iron railings and gates.

S/H N gauge small pedestrian over track footbridge, perfect for my planned use.

Flying Scotsman was named after the train; its two immediate predecessors were named Great Northern (after the railway) and Sir Frederick Banbury (the GNR chairman). The racehorse names came later, although some of them seem a lot weirder than Flying Scotsman.

There was an article in Railway World Annual many years ago looking at the origin of the racehorse names. Some were very obscure. By contrast, the racehorses whose names were used for "Deltics" were all famous.

On the subject of racehorse names, I’m not sure where I read this so, judge for yourself it’s accuracy; During 20’s and 30’ horse racing was much bigger as a spectator sport than it is now (it’s a gambling machine now) and the star horses themselves were probably more well known amongst the wider population. Sounds plausible?

@Rallymatt Probably true, every body has heard of Red Rvm, Shergar and Seabiscuit, but I couldn't tell you the names of the leaders of the current political parties in the UK, or who is next in line to the throne and I live here.

And before anyone jumps on me for the incorrect spelling, the algorithm says 'no' to the correct spelling.

A big box of point motors and switches etc. A hidden(under the baseboard cost) for sure!

Here is a picture of my arch laser cattle wagon that came in kit form a few days ago. Not as smooth running as the hornby brake van but it goes round the track fairly well. Waiting on decals to finish it off. Needs a bit of rust too.

forum_image_6439272906655.thumb.png.bc34b944c39f823e89a19c4fcd340311.png