Mad idea .

mjb1961

While having a wash this morning I had this mad idea,,ive pre ordered the Coronation train, club exclusive,i thought ,hornby could have fitted this loco with sound but not the typical train sounds but maybe the National Anthem,,'',g*d save our gracious king''grinning

Why not - the FS sound profile plays Scotland the Brave.

That is equally mad, Rob.

Not so as it reflects the real 10 o’clock Scottie being piped out of Edinburgh each morning.

Mad . . .

I have a one off TTS blow in a Class 37 that has two tone horns to go with its flashing blue beacons and RAF Police livery.

I also proposed that the Beatles vans should have a Vent Van TTS load to reflect the albums they represented.

If ever the forum needed a like button it’s is for Top Cat’s perfect description of a Gentleman 🤣

I realise Sir Nigel was a Scot, but dear old Flying Scotsman is a thoroughly Fine Yorkshire Lass 😁 I presume her impressive speed was to escape the noise?

Hi
Instead of putting the sound files into a loco why not use the sound equipped vent van.
That way a number of different sound files could be introduced in different colored vans.

A new Vent Van derivative device (not necessarily a track vehicle) is under consideration so users can load various themed sound sets. No guarantee it will make it to production though.

Colonel Bogey works fairly well as a diesel horn tune though.

I like the Colonel Bogey idea, not that I have many diesels. There's a good video on YouTube of the Royal Marines playing it marching through (from memory) Glasgow.

I am, as we speak, doing some experiments with programming in Railmaster. I'm pretty sure you can play your own sounds through there somehow...

..............experiments with programming in Railmaster. I'm pretty sure you can play your own sounds through there somehow.

Yes you can. I did it a long time ago and can't remember the exact process I used, but I do recall that the sounds need to be in the .WAV file format and copied IIRC into the 'sounds' folder.

• 4 weeks later...