Power bank and tt120

Edward-352557

Cant answer this but have the same question for the 08. I know it can’t take a speaker but would the stay alive fit?

also, I wonder if they’ve overdone it a little. 9 secs of power is an awfully long gap for track power loss. Would a smaller, 2 second powerbank be both cheaper and easier to fit in smaller locos?

@edward - none of the currently released TT:120 locos have been designed with accommodating the power bank in mind, (& since the power bank requires even more space than the sugar-cube speaker) it is extremely unlikely to fit in the class 08 or other 0-6-0s. However with technology always shrinking - it may be possible sooner or later.

@GMD - according to the devs, the technical limitation is in supplying enough voltage to power the decoder (hence the need for three capacitors - apparently there wouldn’t be much total size reduction, from lower capacity but equal voltage alternatives).

Simon K told me to return the one that I ordered for my Flying Scotsman before reading that it probably wouldn’t fit. I mentioned the power bank in some correspondence with him feeding back on my experience so far and he seemed clear that it wouldn’t fit FS, with the implication that I’d not be able to use it for any TT locomotive. I think he said they were going to see how to make this clearer.