iOS app update

M. Matthews

I’m guessing this question is mainly for 96RAF…

I see a new update of the app is available. Thing is, for me at least, the current app has been pretty flawless. I’ve not experienced any of the dramas that people have posted about. What is actually new in this update? I know it states “bug fixes and improvements” but I feel like it may not be worth updating if I’ve not had any issues so far?

Cheers!

Major changes with regards to the HM | DCC apps:

IOS Update and Android Release:

• Improved (Sound) Profile install consistency.

• Complex Speed Curve CV Settings added into HM | DCC.

• Directional Arrows swapped over to match with existing Hornby DCC controllers.

• Altered the max of the Global Volume slider in Locomotive Settings to 125.

• In the Engine Shed, added the ability to delete all unassigned locomotives.

• Updated value ranges on some CVs in the ADV. CV EDITOR.

• Altered ADV. CV EDITOR jargon for ADCC/ABC functionality.

• Improved app stability.

• Various minor bug fixes.

• New (Sound) Profiles:

◦ Class 55 (soon)

◦ Tornado

Sorry if this is a silly question, please forgive my ignorance but I can’t for the life of me work out how to update the app!

I can update the locos no problem.

I thought it would just happen automatically when I logged back on but it hasn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

Peachy, go to App Store, find HM DCC app, it will tell you it’s an update in top right corner, tap on that, takes few seconds to download the update into your existing app

Ah of course... I was trying to find it from within the app stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Ermm.

I clicked on the “Update” in the App Store.

That did it’s thing.

I’ve opened the app from the App Store & also just from the app button on my iPad screen, but it’s still showing v1.0.0

is this just a graphic glitch?

forum_image_64918a8b070f0.thumb.png.3a630a0790501c9f75bd9bfd38dea231.png

I have updated all 3 of my IOS devices. Tried one first and as it worked perfectly so updated the others. I have tried all 11 locos on all 3 IOS devices without issue

I am very impressed with the speed and ease of the update. I just downloaded the update and carried on operating.

The ability to change the speed curve is great and light years better than doing it in railmaster. It also works every time whereas some of my railmaster updates had not stuck. Speed curve updated but CV29 not. So all my locos now have modified speed curves and much more realistic chuffing sounds.

My only quibble is changing the direction buttons makes it the opposite of railmaster.

I have had no real issues downloading the profiles but will give it a try with another decoder this afternoon.

Thanks for managing to issue the Andriod app and update the IOS app at the same time.

Hopefully we can now all get on with exploiting the system.

Ermm.
I clicked on the “Update” in the App Store.
That did it’s thing.
I’ve opened the app from the App Store & also just from the app button on my iPad screen, but it’s still showing v1.0.0
is this just a graphic glitch?

forum_image_64918a8b070f0.thumb.png.1d84923448254541a302fdd15804afee.png

Hotfix has been deployed and it is now showing correctly as v1.1.0.

Check your settings page in-app and see if you have the update prompt. If not, close the app and reopen.

The iOS procedure I have followed is:

• Go the App Store and search HM | DCC
  • search will bring up the Update button
  • on completion, open the app as suggested
  • on opening, you’ll see an alert under Settings
  • go to the top of settings and choose to update
  • QED

I’ve successfully updated the iOS App on my iPad Pro, with no issues at all.

I’ve also downloaded the new Class 55 and Tornado A1 Profiles to two expectant Locos, again successfully, and first time, with no issues experienced . Excellent stuff.

I’ve only one small observation……I see the Tornado A1 Function List has been uploaded to the Documents site, but I can’t see the Class 55 Listing. Presumably its on its way soon?

From the Apple perspective, very well done the Hornby team !

Still not working on Ipad Air, never mind the Android version suits me.

At least 3 members of the test team have an iPad Air stuck at v12.5.7 who are keen to see the app work on that device. Annoyingly it works on an iPad Pro at the earlier v11. It will get fettled as soon as the developers have worked out where the glitch is.

So has anyone figured out how to run two locomotives with one throttle yet? An ability to consist? I don't care about controlling two powered locomotives just one powered and one dummy but still want them to make the same noises and not have to switch back and forth. Class 43 HSTs for those wondering what locomotives I am referring to.

I am so thrilled to hear a pair of Valentas take off again. I miss this so much from my childhood.

Cheers

In it’s launch configuration, the app does not support consists. This function is however, on the list of development projects for the team to investigate and build as the system matures.