Slow start up and slow down

TezzaG

I have 7x steam locos with HM7000 decoders in now and 5 of them work fine, but the other 2, for some reason, take forever to get up to speed and to slow down.

Last night I was testing one of them and it took 2x full loops of my 14.5ft x 6.5ft layout to get up to maybe three quarters of top speed. It just makes moving these locos about so slow and almost unmanageable.

I have altered the basic start up / slow down setting to 256 and it makes no difference, so what else can I do? I am not familiar with CVs but if altering some of those, in the app, is the cure, can anyone point me to the correct ones to alter please, and what settings?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I looked through and couldnt see it.

Many thanks

96RAF, I havent altered any CV settings as yet, and I can't test the replies on here as yet, as I'm not at home at the moment. The setting I changed, and referred to, was the Acceleration and Deceleration Rate on the Locomotive Settings screen of the app.

Hi TezzaG

Suggest you try this - using the App, check what CV 5 & CV 6 are currently set to.

Then don't change the CVs, but adjust the settings for acceleration and deceleration in the same way as you have already tried.

After adjusting check to see if CV 5 & 6 are changed by you making that adjustment.

If the CVs are changing then the adjustment is correctly able to change the CVs and something else is causing the slow speed up and slow down. If however the CVs are not changing then try directly changing CV 5 (acceleration) and CV6 (deceleration) in both cases the bigger the number the longer the change of speed takes

Panic over now, went through to check that the CV 5 and 6 settings were at 15.

Adjusting those did then change the Acceleration and Deceleration Rates on the Locomotive Settings screen of the app, which wouldnt move from 256 when trying to use the sliders.

Train is now running perfectly with normal acceleration and deceleration rates.

Thanks again to all for your help.