New sound profiles for Class 47 and 66

james_nelmes

Full details already posted at https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/when-will-profile-issues-be-resolved-and-how-will-we-know-when-they-are-available-367773?ccm_paging_p=2#end-of-replies

All the updated profiles and the additional functionality they include.

The table is a summary of what’s in the documentation available by following the relevant sticky at the top of the forum - manuals, guides and troubleshooting.

There is a class 47 sound profile out plus a Coronation class 66 plus V2.0 of a few profiles including Deltic - not sure what V2.0 does?

It tells you in the patch notes in that post Fishy linked to.

Here we have yet another post asking generally the same questions seen and commented on in several other posts in both this and the vanilla DCC section.

We have a 47 on the ELR.. I must seriously listen to that horn next time it leaves.. it sounds very weird in this profile, as if it was cab recorded instead of externally recorded, as your hearing a lot of air being pulled from the lever.

The video below has a resemblance to the Hornby Class 47 horn, they do sound ill!

I have a Hornby Class 47 TTS which I'd planned to upgrade to TXS when the sound profile became available, but in view of the above comments I decided to download the 47 profile to another TXS loco temporarily so that I could compare the TTS and TXS sounds side by side. I thought the new TXS horn sounds both on F2 and F3 were very feeble compared with the TTS low-high and long-high horns. No doubt both sets are authentically recorded from real Class 47s, but the TTS sound recorders caught one on a better day!

I'm in two minds now as to whether to upgrade this loco - better motor control and F28 etc weighed against frankly rather feeble horns.

Regards, John

Talking to Hornby theTXS horns were recorded from the Northern Belle 47 and were noted as being ‘a tad off’. The TTS master recordings are not Hi-Fi thus would sound worse if passed into TXS. Listening to on-line 47 horns, very few are alike, so it proposed if there is enough interest that the 47 profile be updated later to give a selection of 47 horns and the user can select what they want for play in F2/F3 by way of CV as is already available.

... it proposed if there is enough interest that the 47 profile be updated later to give a selection of 47 horns and the user can select what they want for play in F2/F3 by way of CV as is already available.

That seems a really good idea and even maybe include a "standard" horn for those of us where the current 47 really grates ;-)

The positive with all this TXS stuff though is that you can at least pick another profile altogether if you want to, so I may even go back to the Class 50 I was using.

Just registering my vote for additional Cl47 horns. Having a few unusual tones is good for variety but it would be preferable to have at least one or two more normal/healthy versions to choose from.

On the subject of new profiles. The Turbomotive profile is now live.

Hopefully it won't be long before the 37 profile drops, I'm itching try it out on my Accurascale 37's.

I'm quite enjoying the excitement these new releases bring.

Hopefully it won't be long before the 37 profile drops, I'm itching try it out on my Accurascale 37's.
I'm quite enjoying the excitement these new releases bring.

37 is being tested now by the team. Good old tractor noises.

The sooner that profile forecast list is completed the sooner more profiles can be proposed and loaded into it, maybe even some International or American locos folk are requesting.