Decoder not responding on dcc

sir john

Did you re-enter the DCC address in loco settings, as once you load a profile it resets the decoder and you have to rewrite the DCC address. See if it responds on address 3 which is the reset default. Check also what the CV listing shows especially if you have previously had a long address. If CVs 17/18 show 192/100 it has reset to the long default (100).

I have tried all suggestions to no avail works fine on Bluetooth all sounds lights etc. Rallymatt and Brewman thanks for your info. 96Raf cv 17 =227 18=100 have tried addresses 3 100 9010 which is the loco no looks like I'll be contacting customer care in the new year thanks to all

When I've been stuck like this I've gone into Manage Devices and then "unlink and delete" the problematic device (make sure you know the reset passcode first). Then re-add by a going through the Link Device process again.

In my case, I no longer change CV's using the Elite or RailMaster direct, I just use the app.

Hi Paul Thanks for that but it runs fine on Bluetooth using 9010 is it possible to have two different addresses?

I don't have any experience of HM7000 but from what I have read on this forum I do not think that under Bluetooth control 9010 has got absolutely anything to do with DCC Addresses.

Needs 96RAF or somebody equally experienced with HM7000 to comment. My reply was just relating purely to DCC configurations when under DCC (not Bluetooth) control.

Set the address on the decoder to the same as that on the app ie both set to either 9060 or 9010. If necessary set CV 29 to a value of 32 to enable long addresses if necessary. Do this via the Gaugemaster programming function as this function on the app is still to be fixed from an early glitch (!).

Make sure the app also shows the same address as that set on the GM.

Now check that the loco moves etc under Bluetooth control from the app then switch to DCC control on the app.

Set the GM to the loco address and it should drive away.

Its a bit longwinded but we found early on in testing that setting CV29 to long addresses in the app wasn’t working. Consequently the decoder would not take that long address - going back to the pre-HM7K process should get round the problem until the fix comes along.

There was another long addressing glitch in that what you wrote in the app was not what CVs 17/18 translated back to. You may write 6000 and see 5750 (not actual numbers, just trying to illustrate an offset in write).

To clarify:

The app only uses the Bluetooth MAC address, not the DCC address.

DCC only uses the DCC address whether long or short, not the MAC address.

Using the app to write the DCC address is purely for convenience - when they get it to work properly.

Suggest you try writing 8 to CV8 with your Gaugemaster which will reset the decoder on DCC and return it to default 03 address, then work from there.

If you do so, it doesn't affect the HM | DCC MAC address but it will reset any other CVs you have changed under app control back to their defaults.