William Whitelaw issue with Next18 HM7000

TaffsTT

Hi,

Purchased a TT120 A4 (William Whitelaw in a non HM7000 set).

Purchased a HM7000 Next18 chip, and fitted.

However, sound comes on but when it starts to go, it cuts out (like its a short or something as connection also gets lost to app).

Worked fine on dc before and when I restore loco back with a blanking chip.

Any ideas or issues encountered with this chip / loco combo please thst might help me?

Cheers

Nope - SD999 is the decoder factory default. You need SD038 for a TT A4.

Go to profiles and scroll along until you get to it then select your decoder ID from the drop down. Install as usual.

If you try to do it from loco settings >> select profile it may crash or hang or not. Either way whatever works for you.

@TaffTT - check to ensure you are fully seating the decoder in the socket (you should feel & hear a ‘click’ when correctly installed.)

If that is already the case, then your issue sounds remarkably similar to the following thread:

https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/r1255m-and-8txs-bluetooth-disconnects-375842?ccm_paging_p=3#end-of-replies

(only difference is Next18 decoder rather than 8 pin.)

Seeking assistance from the developers by emailing: hm.customercare@hornby.com might therefore be advisable.

If that is already the case, then your issue sounds remarkably similar to the following thread:
https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/r1255m-and-8txs-bluetooth-disconnects-375842?ccm_paging_p=3#end-of-replies
(only difference is Next18 decoder rather than 8 pin.)

Tried that thanks - just in case but the same happens. The fault above is exactly the same issue!!

No assumptions regarding decoder waveforms or specific faults were intended in my post.

I was only suggesting that if the loco performs correctly, reliably and demonstrates faultless behaviour, when run on DC - then a socket/decoder issue appears more likely than a motor/chassis one.

However it is certainly not impossible for an intermittent motor/chassis fault to only appear under very specific conditions.