TTA wagons arrive in Hornby shop - all out of stock within 3 days (updated title)

Moccasin

As the title suggests, the TTTA wagons are now availalble in stock, however the ESSO tanker shows as "Last Few" in listings and "sold out" when selected.

Edit - title updated in a way that hopefully doesn’t mislead after rapid sell-out of all tankers. Further stocks should soon come available at TT120 retailers when they receive them from Hornby and Hornby themselves may re-stock.

🤞 hopefully extra stock will be gradually added, like happened with the smaller tankers. I was waiting for them to arrive so I could get them together. 😬

Yes hopefully this is just the initial shipment with more to follow. I was thinking of buying them with my reward points.

Interestingly, Gaugemaster show the RRP at £25.99 rather than the £24.49 at Hornby (though GM are selling them on pre-order at £23.50). Suggests that a 5-6% price rise may be coming, although it may be a mistake as the HAA coal hoppers are at the same price but only £20.49 at Hornby)

Well I have just had two payments taken from my account 2 of 3 TTA tankers on pre-order then. Fingers crossed for number 3

Presumably they will fulfil pre-orders before adding to the online store.

Well I have just had two payments taken from my account 2 of 3 TTA tankers on pre-order then. Fingers crossed for number 3

Presumably they will fulfil pre-orders before adding to the online store.

Think they ran out of Esso tankers before getting to my pre-order 2 out of 3 ain’t too bad hopefully they do another run 🤞

Nightmare 😱

my bank just advised of a declined transaction with Hornby.

I’ve just realised a lot of my pre-orders are against a card that got damaged then replaced in December 🤯

This is gonna be a long weekend waiting till Monday 9am when they answer their phones 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

My order is in process also.

Various other liveries are possible, eg, Shell-Mex, Shell, ICI, STS, Algeco, Fina, Charringtons, Gulf, etc.

Also, conical and truncated conical tank bodies are possible (bitumen, heavy fuel oils, etc).

Then there are chemical tank wagons - chlorine, caustic soda liquor, etc (ICI Mond division). Plus CO2 tanks

Looking at all the photos, the underframe are ripe for other models (with 13 plate or Brunnighaus taperleaf springs as appropriate) - Blue Circle Palvans, PO Open Boxes inc Scrap Boxes (multitude of liveries), China Clay tarpaulin covered Boxes, early design PCAS, BR HBAs/HEAs, MFAS, etc.

LPG tank wagons to add to list of types.

Forgot to add - bring ESSO up to date with taperleaf springs and TOPS numbers / markings.

Also forgot to add - liveries and markings for all the leasing companies: Tiger Rail, Railease, GE, BRT & E, Procor (PR), CAIB, VTG, etc.

What about triple packs, for loose coupled trains, Speedlink, block trains, etc

I must admit it's been a roller coaster of a day. It started with a facebook post from Garry questioning issues with the shop and mentioning the ESSO TTAs. This persuaded me to have a quick look at which point I saw the ESSO tanker in stock but limited availability - bit of a shock as a few hours previous it had been available for pre order.

At this point there where only 2 left showing as in stock so I quickly purchased them. I actually wanted 5 but I took what I could get and cursed myself for not pre ordering them. A little latter it was mentioned by someone who had just purchased 15 that they where back in stock and indeed they where so I quickly purchased the remaining 3 I wanted. There where about 198 available at this point however about an hour later they where all gone!

I don't think I've seen a TT120 item move so quickly, not since the early days when the train sets where in short supply!

Tankers are incredibly popular as they are a basic vehicle on the network, TTAs were running from early 60’s into 2000’s with a few modifications. So many alternative brandings and tank colours I really hope Hornby are all over this like rash and develop other versions. I’d like the shell/bp heavy oil versions one of the most popular 😁

I don't think I've seen a TT120 item move so quickly, not since the early days when the train sets were in short supply!

Definitely a good sign, if there were 200 available in the shop, and probably a good number pre-ordered besides that… surely a very good day for TT :)

Nightmare 😱
my bank just advised of a declined transaction with Hornby.
I’ve just realised a lot of my pre-orders are against a card that got damaged then replaced in December 🤯
This is gonna be a long weekend waiting till Monday 9am when they answer their phones 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Good point! I think that may have happened to me, too, as my TTA orders are still 'Pending' and no charges to my card yet.

But given that I've made loads of purchases on a newer card since placing my TTA orders (8th Feb last year!) I was assuming that my new card details would have been transferred to my previous orders... maybe I was hoping for too much...

There must be quite a few people in the same position I would think.

My old Amex card runs out this month and I did look for a way to update card details but there seems not be any way to do so. Short of ringing up and getting them to change each of the pre-orders, I’ll just have to hope stocks of upcoming models don’t have the same issue as the Esso tanker.

Must be getting annoying for them as well, as it just creates more unnecessary work for the customer services teams.

Just ordered a couple of the BP and another Total one after my preorder of one Total and one Esso to use up some rewards points. I know mixed TTA rakes aren't very prototypical but with a fitted van and brake van it'll go nicely on my roundy round layout once we get some diesel traction.

When your payment fails on a pre order they email you with a link to update your card details, you get fourteen days before they cancel the order.

Ah thanks - hopefully customers needing to update their payment details don’t go to the back of the queue in order fulfilment when stocks are low!

hopefully customers needing to update their payment details don’t go to the back of the queue in order fulfilment when stocks are low!

No I’ve had this myself in the past, you will be fine the stock is held for you until you update your card details. If you don’t do that then eventually ‘your’ stock is released into the shop stock (which is presumably why low stock items go in and out of stock during a release - like we saw with the Class 08)

Looks like Hornby might be having email problems, so could explain why customers with card failures haven't received notification, and no "your pre-order has arrived" emails either.

Normally I'd get an order confirmation within seconds of it going through, but still no email for the order placed an hour ago despite it showing in my account and my card being charged.

I agree, emails from the shop are not going out. I'm still awaiting confirmation emails for my 2 orders of TTA tankers placed yesterday although the orders have gone through and are in the processing state.

The only email I received from the shop was an are you missing something email received yesterday which was trying to claim I had left 3 ESSO TTAs in my cart. Now as they where out of stock by this point this caused a momentary panic until I checked my account to see the order was there - phew anguished