TTA wagons arrive in Hornby shop - all out of stock within 3 days (updated title)

Moccasin

I had that same ‘did you forget something’ email despite having completed an order.

No update e-mails for me either. Hopefully not a problem with my card causing the delay.

I guess it could be caused by the fact they have several hundred orders to pack up and ship out? I imagine it will take a few days to clear that backlog.

I just saw that the Total TTA is now showing as “Last Few”.

I suspect we’ve not seen anything yet in terms of TT120 demand and upcoming modern image models are going to fly out of the warehouse as soon as they arrive.

It’ll be interesting to see what the size of the production run was. There may be more stock en route to the UK too.

We know there 200+ of each model released to the shop, but pre-orders and retail stock numbers won’t be released. Your guess is as good as anyone’s, maybe 500 per wagon type total? So 1,500 tankers in the first batch?

There is a theory that the restocking for the sets used up the production slots originally intended for these phase 1 & 2 models and if so, then it seems likely that Hornby are in ‘catchup’ mode now so perhaps would need to choose between more delays for the forthcoming models or leaving restocks of the TAA until phase 2 is complete?

I recall that the box’s serial number label usually gives a clue to the batch size. The train sets got to 1500 each I think, at least in the last batch.

I guess whether more TTAs are due depends whether the whole production run was in one shipment or they sent some ahead while others were still being produced. Hornby will of course have had an idea of demand from pre-orders

The BP TTA is also last few. I wonder if they will last till the morning!?

It appears not! Although they show as Last Few in listings, they show as out of stock when selected.

They may add more stock on Monday, The blue 08 went in and out of stock a couple of times.

I spent too long wondering whether to grab a few BP wagons and now it’s too late… I’m pleased they seem to be popular though! Anything to keep Hornby invested in TT seems like great news.

They may come back in at Hornby and will be available from others if you do want some.

I hope this gives Hornby even more confidence and they launch wagon packs (like they do with Arnold) and ranges of running numbers although that’s not a deal breaker for me, I just removed the numbers off my Mobil 10T tanks. As suitable locos come on stream, I can only see more people wanting more of these, a Cl37 dragging 20 of these (more if you have the space and pennies) in TT:120 will look stunning. Fingers crossed they run like the vent vans/Mk1 coaches 😁

I hope this gives Hornby even more confidence and they launch wagon packs (like they do with Arnold) and ranges of running numbers although that’s not a deal breaker for me, I just removed the numbers off my Mobil 10T tanks. As suitable locos come on stream, I can only see more people wanting more of these, a Cl37 dragging 20 of these (more if you have the space and pennies) in TT:120 will look stunning. Fingers crossed they run like the vent vans/Mk1 coaches 😁

Although no wagon packs are yet available, each of the two HAA hoppers will have 3 versions with different running numbers (consecutive or nearly so).

I did have an idea for a small wagon works and locomotive stabling point layout but might put that on hold. Not sure how I’d weave an HST (maybe two) into that!

Thats strange maybe there was an issue with my card, two payments went through and orders are showing processing the third is the Esso tanker which is pending, but would have thought they should have processed my pre-order, fingers crossed. Let’s hope the fix their emails soon.

Payment have now been taken for all my orders. No e-mails yet for stock alerts or order updates, so maybe there is a problem with the Hornby e-Mail system.

The only emails I am getting from them are those ‘did you forget something’ mails which seem to be coming through for completed orders! (The system thinks I left something in my basket when I actually completed the purchase),

FOMO - fear of missing out. Keep "Last Few" in the listings so people will buy for FOMO!

I don’t believe that’s the case. You can check the stock levels by adding to your basket. It’s usually fairly accurate. These extras might be cancelled pre-orders or incorrect card details orders being released to stock.

Right now it’s showing about 40 wagons in stock.

Now that they have other retailers in the mix, there may also be previously-reserved stock that, for whatever reason, is no longer being despatched to them.

It might even be that they didn't get round to opening the last box in the shipment containing those Esso TTAs until today - you'd hope that their stock management system is rather more refined than that though!

Actually good call by Hornby - the Carless tanks (owned by NACCO and leased to Carless) are actually 51 tonnes GLW, TOPS code TUA, with Gloucester pedestal suspension and fabricated soldiers. Plenty of other TTAs to go at though - refer my previous comments.