Did hornby ever sent you wrong DPD link?

Kacper

This is my first time ordering something from Hornby so I am new to all of this. Anyhow, recently I ordered a few things and I got an email about 3 days later that the package has been dispatched and in that email, I got a DPD tracking link. It is important to mention that I live in Poland. Anyway, I clicked the link and it showed me the code of the package and the postcode (the right one). When I clicked to check the whereabouts of the package it said that "The details entered are incorrect". I tried changing them, looking for other codes that the order may had but to no avail. From what I gathered the code that is automatically placed in the tracking number bracket (the one that doesn't work) seems to have one digit less than it should (it only has 7, not 8). I tried contacting Hornby Customer Support by email but in the meantime, till they reply I decided that maybe some of you good people also had this issue or something. And if you had, could you explain how you managed to get the good code? Again I am very new to all of this so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Have a lovely day.

Hi Kacper and welcome to the Forum

You have taken the correct course of action by contacting Customer Support.

The problem you have described sounds very unusual can only be answered by them, so please be patient and wait for an answer.

Hello Kasper

Welcome aboard.

About delivery. If the address is incorrect, it cannot be delivered. The package will likely return to Hornby.

I suggest you contact customer service at your next convenience, and provide the tracking number and the order number. Provide the exact address upon request.

They will be able to straighten the error out and get you on your way. It's a minor kerfuffle. Do not panic!!

Bee

Hi Kacper - you have been given all the advice necessary to check where your order is - if you can you may find it quicker to telephone Customer Services - I appreciate you are in Europe.

I have a package that will be delivered tomorrow (Thursday) - and the tracking number has fourteen (14) digits. The normal email notification process is as follows:

1. You get an email from Hornby thanking you for the order, which also says they will send you a further email once dispatched.
  2. You will then get an email from DPD saying they are expecting your Hornby Hobbies parcel and will be in touch when they have it and it is out for delivery.
  3. You will get an email from Hornby saying parcel dispatched today - the email will also include a DPD Tracking number/link - which in my case says the parcel is on it's way to the local depot and will be delivered tomorrow (Thursday), usually by 12 o'clock (lunchtime).

I hope your package arrives safely. BB

@Kacper - welcome to the forum 😀 - you have definitely taken the correct course of action so far.

On occasion I have been sent a tracking link by DPD when they are still waiting to receive the package from Hornby - this results in a similar message to the one you are seeing, but once they actually have the package then the link starts working correctly. I hope this is the case for you. 🤞

Thank you all people for your replies! I really appriciate all of your help.

So from what I researched the adress that I typed is 100% correct, so the problem isn't the adress. I also tried to check the link on diffrent days (I was sent to me on the 17.01 and I tried it every day) so this isn't an issue either. But there is one thing that was wrong. I never got the email from the DPD that they are expecting my package. I only got an e-mail from Hornby confirming that the order has been made and that the package has been dispatched. I tried searching my spam folder and everything on my e-mail so this is something weird. I will probably phone Customer support today if I get time but we will see.

Anyhow, again I am very thankful for your help good people! I hope you will have a splendid day!

Did you try putting the link into the DPD app if that is who they use for Poland or the app of your local courier.

You can also use generic international package tracking apps which will confirm if the tracking number is incorrect and who the courier is.

As stated your best approach is a phone call to customer services as sometimes their email systems can be swamped especially just after a sale.