For Alberto (Aldebaran)

96RAF

@Alberto

As your great 'international' flavour videos have popped in the general section the forum membership has requested that they be moved to the International section. I have done this for you for now.

@everyone

Could you all please find those posts you commented upon and delete or amend them as necessary.

First of all I want to thank you for the good wishes sent for our Jasmine. With a lot of care and love she is now better and we hope everything goes well. My basic knowledge of the English language perhaps hurt me to express my thoughts. All Italians they love the English people and their traditions. Affirming that 90 pct loves the English monarchy in our country is the greatest moral recognition that can be made for the ruling house of Windsor. We must understand that in Italy our monarchy has brought and delivered the Italy to fascism, it promulgated racial laws and brought death and destruction everywhere until it brought it to Italy in 1943. By specifying this you can understand that in Italy no royal is loved, saying that we love Windsor 90% is an exceptional compliment.

I apologize and get to the reason for my message because I have read several comments and I apologize for the inconveniences created.Obviously and in all sincerity I only agree with one criticism I send my videos to promote my very small youtube channel.This with extreme honesty.I do not However, I want to cause problems for anyone so if, as I have read, authoritative members of this prestigious forum believe that old trademarks should not be posted even in Hornby International, I ask you, or rather I beg you, to delete all my posts because I do not have this possibility despite having tried since yesterday.

Thank you for your attention and patience and I also express on behalf of my wife all our sympathy for the United Kingdom.

I love Talisker aged 10 years, I smoke Dunhill grinds, my favorite blend is the London Mixture, I have hundreds of issues of Hornby magazine in paperback......in short, even if you cancel me I understand and I sincerely apologize to everyone and you.

Best regards,

Alberto (Aldebaran)

Alberto,

In my opinion you should never have been subjected to any form of percieved criticism and I am sure that others will support my view.

I believe you have read far too much (negatively) into the recent forum posted comments.

Basically, some of your recent videos featured model brands that are considered on the forum as being 'International' brands and it was suggested that placing those videos in the 'International Brands' sub-forum would bring your videos to an audience that would appreciate them all the more.

Your belief that you are being asked not to post your videos for non Hornby brands is not correct, you are free to post videos on any brands, whether Hornby ones or not.

In conclusion.

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for. If anything, the forum should apologise to you for causing you unnecessary distress.

You are a total Gentleman and polite to the extreme in your posts, something that others could learn from.

Paul H.

Alberto.

I forbid you to apologise for anything. You have offended no one here, except the odd grumpy people and everyone upsets them. 😵‍💫

No one is going to delete your videos and no one in authority is upset.

Your videos are a joy to many viewers and they have simply been moved to the correct forum. You can and must keep posting them.

There is no forum rule that says any make or model cannot be talked about, shown on video or questions asked about them.

One day the new forum will get a blog space where everyone can post all about their layouts in a place where they will not get lost as the threads roll on day by day.

Your English by the way is much better than some of our native speakers so never worry about it and your appreciation of our Royal Family is a credit, especially given your own country's experiences in years gone by.

I look forward to seeing many more of your posts.

Paul, you wrote
In my opinion you [Alberto] should never have been subjected to any form of percieved criticism and I am sure that others will support my view.

Spot on Paul. Your assessment is perfect.

I actually enjoy correspondent videos. It helps me to see what they are doing and interested in. The locomotive outline does not have to be British or indeed even Hornby. "Let me see!" - Bee

To all those who cannot abide by this foreigner power: Turn. The. Page. No one is forcing you to read it, watch it or do anything at all. Move on to the next post, one you may be interested in.

Bee

¹to use a US term for another company's locomotive on your company's rail.

Wholeheartedly agree that any suggestion of Alberto being unwelcome or not allowed to post is incorrect & due to language barrier.

The suggestion of posting videos about international brands in the international forum, would only be to ensure they’d be seen by those who avoid the general forum (as it primarily contains posts about UK Hornby models.)

There is no rule against people posting links to videos of their trains or layouts & anyone who is willing to show their creativity & passion for this hobby is very welcome!

My dear friends,

Your kind words and appreciation fill me with joy. Thank you very much with all my heart. I will do my best to curb my enthusiasm by ensuring all of you post from time to time a few posts without exaggerating and in the section indicated by you as correct.

Thanks again .

I wish you all a pleasant weekend.

Alberto (Aldebaran)

copied from another thread

Alberto,

your love for model railways and dogs almost guarantees you British citizenship should you wish! I would point out General Discussion is just that, nothing specific. I love continental models, I have since being 12 when I bought a Piko BR118 in Bulgaria and the love of continental models has never left me, so interesting to see and for many years so much better too. Seeing your various settings is everything the hobby is about, please make sure you keep posting and the General Discussion seems entirely appropriate to me as it’s a wide reaching inspiration, rather than a specific Hornby International subject. We all love seeing Jasmine’s cameo appearances and so good to hear she is doing so well

Ciao Amico