Model Rail Scotland

GMD

@Moccasin did you manage to catch one of the new Subway trains? Lucky 🙂 I live in Glasgow and I've still not seen one in the wild yet. It was pretty warm in the SEC, but not quite as bad as last year when I'd come dressed for winter outside and almost felt like I was going to pass out from the heat in the hall 

@ellocoloco which way did you go out from the hall? If you turned left up to the main entrance that was the error! By doing the same thing I missed the bus I intended to get by twenty seconds. There’s another exit the other way where the main car park is. Sorry to miss you!

@ellocoloco which way did you go out from the hall? If you turned left up to the main entrance that was the error! By doing the same thing I missed the bus I intended to get by twenty seconds. There’s another exit the other way where the main car park is. Sorry to miss you!

1 hour ago, Dave the Busker said:

@Moccasin did you manage to catch one of the new Subway trains? Lucky 🙂 I live in Glasgow and I've still not seen one in the wild yet. It was pretty warm in the SEC, but not quite as bad as last year when I'd come dressed for winter outside and almost felt like I was going to pass out from the heat in the hall 

I did yes. They’re very smart. I hadn’t realised they’re still rare. Our new Tyne & Wear Metro trains by Stadler have been delayed again. Will be at least a year late. The current trains are 40 years old and falling apart.

I couldn’t believe how busy MRS was. Oddly, Warley had a small stand there. 

• Like 1

The mechanically/electrically similar Merseyrail trains are late too. Hopefully we’ll benefit from the work to get them into service.

Maybe I should’ve added them to the TT wish list at the show today. You could have one make a guest appearance on High Fell in some form of time warp?

So there's some good news and some bad news. The last we heard from Hornby, in the Winter/Autumn magazine, the Swallow HST was due in late February. The GWR/BR Blue HSTs were due in April. How is it looking? It seems like the estimates were spot on. There's even a possibility of the GWR/BR HSTs arriving early! On the other hand, the Leviathan slips back two months to June. The last we heard for that model was an April release. So some good and some bad. Looking at the situation holistically, it's obvious that things are looking positive for TT120. The next 6 months are going to be great! 

8 hours ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

So there's some good news and some bad news. The last we heard from Hornby, in the Winter/Autumn magazine, the Swallow HST was due in late February. The GWR/BR Blue HSTs were due in April. How is it looking? It seems like the estimates were spot on. There's even a possibility of the GWR/BR HSTs arriving early! On the other hand, the Leviathan slips back two months to June. The last we heard for that model was an April release. So some good and some bad. Looking at the situation holistically, it's obvious that things are looking positive for TT120. The next 6 months are going to be great! 

Good news for my credit card, that’s for sure! TT120 66s sound like they’ll arrive quite late in the year.

The TT120 50 sounded great. Look forward to the 37 & 47 with sound. Both are locomotives with a distinctive sound. 

Edited by Moccasin
Added detail.
  • Like 1

@GMD I waited for the vintage bus at George Sq - the advertised 11:40 on Friday - to go to the SECC. I was there at 11:30 and at 12:00 the four of us now waiting gave up and jumped on the #100 service bus, which was also free. One of the guys I met at the bus stop said it never ran last year either.

On the way back I didn't even bother looking for the bus and just went straight to take the low level back to Central and walked to Queen St. Still a pretty good day out.

9 hours ago, Skelton Junction said:

That’s some interesting busking in the background to the video 😃 

Ha 😄 One of my instrumental side-projects there, always good to have on hand for soundtracking videos, the audio I got in the hall was more or less unusable.

It turns out that Hornby Magazine's "Twelvemill Bridge" had a special guest at MRS. The first painted sample of the Duchess locomotive was making runs around the layout. The model is clearly preproduction, with several details a little wonky. But overall, it looks like it's going to be a great model. They're set for a Summer release:

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/hornby-tt120-duchess-decorated-samples