HST In Stock!

Tim Allen

im so happy for all of those who order the class 43 and will get them in the next few days

i would love to get the gwr one but i think the wife would do something to my fingers lol so no more orders  i will have to wait for my class 66 and the rest to turn up😂

This is like the old Apple device delivery excitement of old. We expect unboxing photographs. I wasn’t lucky enough but @GMD reported at MRS last week that they’re surprisingly heavy.

If Hornby hadn’t cancelled it due to an apparent pricing error, I’d have been waiting for the sound fitted version to be delivered this week. Hornby clearly didn’t want to “take my money”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

This is like the old Apple device delivery excitement of old. We expect unboxing photographs. I wasn’t lucky enough but @GMD reported at MRS last week that they’re surprisingly heavy.

If Hornby hadn’t cancelled it due to an apparent pricing error, I’d have been waiting for the sound fitted version to be delivered this week. Hornby clearly didn’t want to “take my money”. 

I would have had the sound version, had to order the decoders separate. I wondered why there was no sound version and there is still a link for it but you get 404 error when you click it.

• Like 1

The way it looked was that they forgot to increase the cost of the sound fitted version of the Exec HST when the other price rises happened. That led to many orders. They then cancelled it.

I suspect it may not be long before there’s another price rise. 

3 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

The way it looked was that they forgot to increase the cost of the sound fitted version of the Exec HST when the other price rises happened. That led to many orders. They then cancelled it.

I suspect it may not be long before there’s another price rise. 

But why then not increase the price, sort the trouble out with the people who have ordered one and then re advertise with sound and a new price, more inline with the 125?

As a simple person, can't see a reason not to sell with sound.

Just now, Dodge1965 said:

But why then not increase the price, sort the trouble out with the people who have ordered one and then re advertise with sound and a new price, more inline with the 125?

As a simple person, can't see a reason not to sell with sound.

That was the odd thing. All water under the bridge now! They offered a 20% code in recompense so I ordered the Blue/grey HST instead. Both are iconic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Moccasin said:

That was the odd thing. All water under the bridge now! They offered a 20% code in recompense so I ordered the Blue/grey HST instead. Both are iconic. 

I agree.. I can't do the "like" thing, as i've used up all my good likes and lifes 😁

• Like 1

Running with just one HM7k decoder (leaving blanking plate in dummy) will force dummy to use track polarity for lights.

If you power track using DC - you will need to ensure track polarity matches direction of travel (otherwise dummy’s lights wil be incorrect.

If you power track with DCC the dummy’s lights may flicker or not work at all - since DCC uses alternating polarity.  Probably advisable to remove blanking plate if running on DCC (& have a ‘dead’ dummy) - to avoid damaging the PCB components.

Edited by LTSR_NSE
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

Running with just one HM7k decoder (leaving blanking plate in dummy) will force dummy to use track polarity for lights.

If you power track using DC - you will need to ensure track polarity matches direction of travel (otherwise dummy’s lights wil be incorrect.

If you power track with DCC the dummy’s lights may flicker or not work at all - since DCC uses alternating polarity.  Probably advisable to remove blanking plate if running on DCC (& have a ‘dead’ dummy) - to avoid damaging the PCB components.

I'm assuming you can link the two decoders up in the app if you have them fitted? Do they need the same address?

My decoders have arrived today but the HST & coaches are still waiting pickup from Hornby.

No - currently the decoders cannot be linked in app (the app developers are working on this feature at present).

Currently in the app the 2 decoders have to be treated as 2 separate locos.

If controlled by DCC then yes they can be linked - either by using same address or by ‘consisting’.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LTSR_NSE said:

No - currently the decoders cannot be linked in app (the app developers are working on this feature at present).

Currently in the app the 2 decoders have to be treated as 2 separate locos.

If controlled by DCC then yes they can be linked - either by using same address or by ‘consisting’.

Thanks for that, it's just the HM7000 and iPad that I use. Hopefully the app will be updated soon™

• Like 1