what has happened to all the oo gauge problems.

1 minute ago, SteveM6 said:

RMWeb is often seen as the natural home for curmudgeons. ...

LOL, not that I've ever seen those behaviors on here :classic_laugh:. Mind you, I've not seen many spats on here lately so the place does feel friendlier.

7 minutes ago, gilbo2 said:

LOL, not that I've ever seen those behaviors on here :classic_laugh:. Mind you, I've not seen many spats on here lately so the place does feel friendlier.

Give it time.😉

6 hours ago, gilbo2 said:

For me, summertime does reduce, almost stops, time available to spend on the layout. I wonder if the RMweb forum has also seen a reduction in OO posts?

Ahh, on this side of the globe, it is just coming into winter and one of the coldest for many years (but little rain). It is too cold to spend too much time out in the Train Room, I would put heating in there, but living in the state with the highest cost of electricity in the country and I believe in the world, budget does not stetch that far - prefer to spend my allowance on new steam producing locos.

Rallymatt, thank you, Tuppence, is a 50% cavalier. King Charles, and 50% Bichon Frise. 11, now.  I am having to drastically  change my layout, owing to illness,  once I can get the energy.

• Like 1

I forget when I last posted on here but several replies at the time annoyed me so I gave up posting. Today, I posted in the mammoth "What is your latest purchase" I have kept informed of the hobby by Hornby Magazine and Railway Modeller and not really purchased much. Since Hattons folded I have jumped on bargains of massive discounts from various retailers. I even went out of my way to see Pete Watermans record breaking layout in Chester Cathedral. Chatting to him he told me some smaller detail items had be stolen but in the main everyone appreciated his well attended show. I am now researching, for my own use, the Motor Rail trains and The Cornish Riviera Express. No more Britannias from now on and a budget of £170 for a loco if I see something I like.

I have kept off forums for trains and now exhausted a car forum, hence a peep back here. Sad to see that the "News about Chrissaf"  is still after 2 years still at the top locked posts and maybe it's time to remove it and move on. On the whole I cannot say I like the new format of the site but that is purely because I need to find the best way around it for my interests. I am sure it will be much better than the last format once I have got to grips with it.

• Like 2

I noticed lots of TT posts too of late, but, I realised that the reason for that is that I now go to the unread posts section. On the old format I used to simply go to OO General discussion or DCC.

I've nothing against TT, I had it way back in the 50's after my Dad sold our live steam O gauge collection. He did build me an OO gauge layout soon after though and that's what I've had ever since.

Hopefully I will be posting more soon as starting my next layout is imminent, although I have to insulate and plasterboard the room first, as well as a new floor and electrics. It's a 28' x 15' room, so a big area. Can't wait.

On another topic that was raised. The locked sticky about Chrissaf. As I joined the forum after his departure, like many others, I didn't have any knowledge of him. So perhaps it's worth a rethink by the mods. Although I'm not fussed either way.

7 minutes ago, LesXRN said:

On the old format I used to simply go to OO General discussion or DCC.

If you go to the forum index page any sections with unread posts will have a red dot, other sections will be 'greyed'.

Likewise within an unread section any such posts will also show up similarly.

10 minutes ago, LesXRN said:

The locked sticky about Chrissaf.

Yes - it is likely the purpose for pinning the post has run its course and it should be allowed to drop down the page now.

• Like 1

96RAF, is it possible to make Chrissaf not a guest?  

When we changed over to the new forum, Chrssaf was, and still is, denoted a "guest".  I find that disconcerting. 

Could the mods not change it to denote him "Hall of Fame" or "Member Emeritus".  Lots of proper titles for this situation.  

His very informative posts will remain pinned of course, even if other notices will not.  So he will continue to be denoted "guest".

I do understand my perception of the situation may be different, due to being an American.  I have zero wish to ruffle any feathers.

Bee

@What About The Bee

We had very early discussions with Admin as initially he was 'demoted' to guest in toto and we objected, hence his current username - status In Memoriam

The honorarium status of Member Emeritus is a great suggestion that we can bid for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2