Mobile or tablet is there any difference in display and functionality?

I'm currently using my iPhone, but am looking at getting an iPad for the sole purpose of using with my layout.

Is there any difference is display, apart from being larger i.e. I'm using 2 x HM6010's, on the iPhone I have to scroll between the two screens or are they displayed on the same screen on the iPad as there is more space. The Mallard has 3 x pages of function controls which you have to scroll between are these all on the same page on the iPad?

I'm just wondering if the iPad has more functionality? 

I use two HM6010s on an iPad and I have to scroll left/right between the two of them at the top of the screen. I’m looking forward to being able name the points rather than use numbers 

1 hour ago, Kristian-353752 said:

Whilst there is no more functionality on the iPad, I do find it easier to control than on the iPhone. This is mostly due to having fat fingers.

I'll second that. I had the Android version on a Samsung S22 but now use a Lenovo M11 tablet. Significantly cheaper than an iPad - mine was just under £200 from Argos.

Perhaps you could ask for as a further enhancement, is do what the Z21 app does. When the pad is in landscape mode expand the screen to have two locos side by side. As I say just an idea, obviously for the very long term. 

Edited by ColinB

9 hours ago, ColinB said:

Perhaps you could ask for as a further enhancement, is do what the Z21 app does. When the pad is in landscape mode expand the screen to have two locos side by side. As I say just an idea, obviously for the very long term. 

It is the intention when consisting is made available in the app to have both loco control panels side by side so individual function control can be handled more easily.

10 hours ago, 96RAF said:

It is the intention when consisting is made available in the app to have both loco control panels side by side so individual function control can be handled more easily.

Yes, but that is slightly different to what I am suggesting. Having two loco control panels side by side only really works if you have enough screen space so it limits it to a pad with a suitable screen and my suggestion was for all modes not just a consist. Of course if that is the intention then ignore this comment.

28 minutes ago, ColinB said:

Yes, but that is slightly different to what I am suggesting. Having two loco control panels side by side only really works if you have enough screen space so it limits it to a pad with a suitable screen and my suggestion was for all modes not just a consist. Of course if that is the intention then ignore this comment.

Colin it follows on that if it can be done for a consist then the code is going to be there for a user option to present any loco pair (or maybe more) across a page. A mobile may have to be swung landscape for it to be useful. We shall see if and when they sort the consisting bit out.

• Like 1