State of Outstanding Pre-orders for TT:120

I suspect someone forgot to update the arrival date. It's now showing the 30th August. For completeness The TT3011TXSM Duchess of Montrose is now showing the 2nd September so a small slip there as well. I would have expected these to come in the same shipping container so it's a little surprising to see slightly different ETA dates for the 2 Duchesses.

46 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

I suspect someone forgot to update the arrival date. It's now showing the 30th August. For completeness The TT3011TXSM Duchess of Montrose is now showing the 2nd September so a small slip there as well. I would have expected these to come in the same shipping container so it's a little surprising to see slightly different ETA dates for the 2 Duchesses.

It's funny how the era 3, 4 & 5 Duchesses have all had different dates to each other as well as the DC and HM7K versions too. Back in May it was said they're on the water now.

15 minutes ago, Tim Allen said:

It's funny how the era 3, 4 & 5 Duchesses have all had different dates to each other as well as the DC and HM7K versions too. Back in May it was said they're on the water now.

The two BR DC versions came out the same day, no idea if the scheduled dates were but the actual models did.

• Like 1

It does seem strange having the different dates when it seems likely that they are in the same container. That being said the dates are Friday and Monday so perhaps the plan is to get part of the shipment dealt with before the weekend and the balance after it. I would think that the different models come in batches packed separately in the overall container so it may just be that they have only sufficient time to deal with one on 30 August. 

thanks for keeping the info on this thread it is very helpful 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Seeing as the dates for the Princess Coronation HM7K versions have changed I've altered the list with the latest. It's a shame I can edit the original post to keep things updated although this way the last post is the most recent I suppose.

I've also added the generic OO & TT:120 HM7000 decoders to the list but only the 6 & 18 Pin versions that TT:120 uses currently as they may be of interest to people that want Bluetooth but not the extra cost for sound. The 18 Pin no sound is £44.99 rather than £69.99 for the sound version.🙂 

As before Red is delayed, Green is brought forward and Black is No Change.

Train Sets

• Intercity 125  DC & DCC – Late October 2024  Mid November 2024

Locomotives

• Princess Coronation Class DCC Era 4 – Late  August 2024 Early September 2024
  • Princess Coronation Class DCC Era 5 – Mid August 2024 Late August 2024
  • Class 66 All Liveries DC & DCC Era11 – Late October 2024 Early October 2024
  • J50 Class 0-6-0T Era 3, 4 & 5 – Late November 2024
  • BR Class 08 0-6-0 Era 5 – Late November 2024
  • Class 50 GBRf DC Era 11 – Late May 2025

Wagons & Coaches

• 12T Tank Wagons (BP & Benzol) – Mid September 2024
  • TOUAX Container Wagon 45’ All Liveries – Late October 2024 Mid September 2024
  • Pullman 1st Class – Late November 2024 Late December 2024
  • BR Mk2E Coaches era 7&8 – Late May 2025
  • 21T Mineral Wagons – Late May 2025

Track Side

• Level Crossing – Late September 2024 Early January 2025
  • Signals – Late October 2024

HM7000 Decoders

• HM7000-6 6 Pin BT & DCC No Sound (R7321) Late September 2025
  • HM7000-N18 18 Pin BT & DCC No Sound (R7401) Late September 2024
Edited by Tim Allen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The issue I have now the HST set is pushed into November, is that by the time it’s processed and shipped out to me in Australia, I’ll be on my way back to the UK for a holiday in December before it gets dropped off, so I won’t get to see it until January 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@47606 Odini would have a word with hornby to pick it up from them instead . and make sure  it runs ok 

I suppose it would be a big pain to take it back with you even in a smaller box.   i hope it gets to you in time before you leave

Edited by happy tt
to add @

2 hours ago, happy tt said:

@47606 Odini would have a word with hornby to pick it up from them instead . and make sure  it runs ok 

I suppose it would be a big pain to take it back with you even in a smaller box.   i hope it gets to you in time before you leave

It’s ordered through Rails not Hornby as Hornby refuse to sell TT direct to Australia. If I collect it in the UK then I have to go through and claim the VAT back when I leave the country with it. It’ll be easier to let it get here when it does. Hopefully it’ll move back towards the beginning of November and at least I’ll get a pre Christmas play

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 47606 Odin said:

It’s ordered through Rails not Hornby as Hornby refuse to sell TT direct to Australia. If I collect it in the UK then I have to go through and claim the VAT back when I leave the country with it. It’ll be easier to let it get here when it does. Hopefully it’ll move back towards the beginning of November and at least I’ll get a pre Christmas play

I’d heard the process where by you can claim VAT back at the UK airports has been discontinued. I’d double check

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GMD said:

Thanks again @Tim Allen - this really is very helpful indeed. I am intrigued to see how the non-sound decoders are received. It is certainly a noticeable price-point improvement. 

I've got 2 on order for the dummy HST cars. I know there's been a few comments about not wanting sound or turning sound off so it will be interesting.

I'm a little confused. In the previous predictions, but also in the TT120 club magazine, it was announced that the analogue and sound versions would be released at the same time:

image.thumb.png.2e5e1fa99139675ce098e58467cf92b5.png

But now the analog version is announced in the shop for this Autumn, so far so good, but the sound version will not be available until winter 2024/25. Does anyone know what's going on?

image.png

image.png

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Ilmson said:

I'm a little confused. In the previous predictions, but also in the TT120 club magazine, it was announced that the analogue and sound versions would be released at the same time:

image.thumb.png.2e5e1fa99139675ce098e58467cf92b5.png

But now the analog version is announced in the shop for this Autumn, so far so good, but the sound version will not be available until winter 2024/25. Does anyone know what's going on?

image.png

image.png

That's a new change this week. Doesn't surprise me TBH.

Funny enough the dates are still showing the same as before. The J50 is also now showing Winter 2024-25 but also still has the same date. I suspect the expected dates will change soon.

Not sure what is happening but there does seem to be some significant delays recently with some models,  the Princess Coronation Class with DC & DCC is a prime example. Probably due to issues with shipping and Red Sea delays.

Edited by Tim Allen

I just wish that Hornby would restock the out of stock rollingstock. Ie the TTA’s, as an example, as here in Australia there’s very little if nothing at all available in wagons. Even if the loco introduction is spread out there should be a nearly continuous supply of rolling stock to keep stuff on the shelves. There’s still quite a few coaches available over here, but still wonder why the MK1’s haven’t been produced in blue grey

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

***UPDATED 27/08/2024***

Train Sets

• Intercity 125  DC & DCC – Mid November 2024

Locomotives

• Princess Coronation Class DCC Era 4 – Early September 2024
  • Princess Coronation Class DCC Era 5 – Late August 2024
  • Class 66 All Liveries DC Era11 – Early October 2024**Not Yet Changed**
  • Class 66 All Liveries DCC Era11 – Early October 2024**Not Yet Changed**
  • J50 Class 0-6-0T Era 3, 4 & 5 – Late November 2024 **Not Yet Changed**

Wagons & Coaches

• TOUAX Container Wagon 45’ All Liveries – Mid September 2024 Early October 2024
  • Pullman 1st Class – Late December 2024

Track Side

• Level Crossing – Early January 2025
  • Signals – Late October 2024  Early April 2025

HM7000 Decoders

• HM7000-6 6 Pin BT & DCC No Sound (R7321) Late September 2025
Edited by Tim Allen

17 hours ago, Tim Allen said:

Not sure what is happening but there does seem to be some significant delays recently with some models,  the Princess Coronation Class with DC & DCC is a prime example. Probably due to issues with shipping and Red Sea delays.

Sounds more like a shortage of decoders to me. We had that just two years ago, at least with Uhlenbrock, Piko and ESU. Due to a lack of active electronic components. Transport would delay everything equally, and only by weeks.

Hopefully China doesn't sell anything to the wrong people. 🫣

• Like 1

ESU/Piko sound decoder for my BR130 still isn’t available, been like that for over 2 years although now with HM 7000 it has sound at a fraction of the cost and I can have a variety of profiles although class 50 seems about best compromise. 

@Ilmson ...But now the analog version is announced in the shop for this Autumn, so far so good, but the sound version will not be available until winter 2024/25. Does anyone know what's going on? ....

The enforced delay of my sound version Class 66 will mean that I have time to reconsider my order before Christmas.  the old should I, Shouldn't I. conundrum 🙂 .

I am quietly thinking that Hornby may bring out a little surprise locomotive for Christmas

***UPDATED 31/08/2024***

Just like the old British Rail timetable there are delays across the board. New dates for Class 66's, J50's & further setback for Era 5 Princess Coronation Class DCC.

Train Sets

• Intercity 125  DC & DCC – Mid November 2024

Locomotives

• Princess Coronation Class DCC Era 4 – Early September 2024
  • Princess Coronation Class DCC Era 5 – Late August 2024 Early September 2024
  • Class 66 All Liveries DC Era11 – Early October 2024 Mid October 2024
  • Class 66 All Liveries DCC Era11 – Early October 2024 Late December 2024
  • J50 Class 0-6-0T Era 3, 4 & 5 – Late November 2024 Late December 2024

Wagons & Coaches

• TOUAX Container Wagon 45’ All Liveries – Mid September 2024 Early October 2024
  • Pullman 1st Class – Late December 2024

Track Side

• Level Crossing – Early January 2025
  • Signals – Late October 2024  Early April 2025

HM7000 Decoders

• HM7000-6 6 Pin BT & DCC No Sound (R7321) Late September 2025
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2