New members signing up

I've noticed quite a lot of new members signing up lately, which is obviously good thing. Not much in the way of posts, but first things first, I'm sure they will come.

• Like 1

Excellent idea to be welcoming to new members & plenty of time to settle in & get comfortable.

I apparently took a month after joining to actually ’say’ something & I joined about a year after starting to view/read the forum regularly.

Absolutely no rush - each in their own time! 🙂

You can look at who is on-line and in some cases guess from their avatar which discipline they are following.

Click on the Hornby Hobbies logo, then Browse, and then Online Users.

Pardon my potential ignorance, but is there a new member’s introduction thread somewhere? Usually when joining forums, new members are encouraged to introduce themselves to the community and to describe their interests and what they wish to gain from joining the community etc. I would’ve thought that there was this kind of thread on this forum somewhere, but direction for newbies would be beneficial in helping them to integrate and feel welcomed

Hi @Troublesome Truck

New members can post, or not, as they see fit. There is no pressure from the community to post, whatsoever.  There is no requirement to say anything at all.  Look, listen and learn.

Ordinarily, new members are welcomed, as part of the response to their first post.  

There is no thread to "Introduce Yourself".

Bee

We have proposed that the signature block be reinstated along with a location under your username - avatar. Hopefully this will indicate where a member lives and give a brief resume.

There is facility to write a bit more about yourself in your bio which folk can read by clicking on a user's avatar.

I must admit I try and plug the forum on my videos, although I am not claiming any boost in members 🤣. I know I have subscribers that are not on here. It’s such a useful resource especially for those getting going in likes of TT:120 or layout builds etc in general and it’s one of the friendliest environments in the hobby. 

Edited by Rallymatt
Terrabol Spilling
  • Like 2