Matching correct Loco with carriages?

Chocolate and cream GWR coaches with GWR locos eg. the Pannier tank and the "County of Somerset".  The coach in the photo looks like a non-corridor coach  more appropriate for the tank loco.
Green coaches (BR but ex Southern Railway) with "Wellngton" (an ex Southern Railway "Schools Class" loco) . 
Is the other BR loco an Ivatt 2-6-0  (you've only shown the tender)?

According to google search, Wellington came as a train pack R2082  with 3 green coaches    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/326151793039

Edited by ntpntpntp

I would put one of the A4s with the Pullman cars and the class 47 with the Mk3 Royal coaches.  I think the loco with a tender cab is the new standard 2MT which can potter around with goods stock (for me, preferably not Beatles or CocaCola!)

Like that I am, I took some locos from their boxes without making a note of which boxes they came out of. with the empty boxes I matched some the locos with the carriages. i dont seem to have boxes for the cream and brown, and the green.

on a different note the King said he is setting up Great British Railways, what's that about?

1 hour ago, ntpntpntp said:

Chocolate and cream GWR coaches with GWR locos eg. the Pannier tank and the "County of Somerset".  The coach in the photo looks like a non-corridor coach  more appropriate for the tank loco.
Green coaches (BR but ex Southern Railway) with "Wellngton" (an ex Southern Railway "Schools Class" loco) . 
Is the other BR loco an Ivatt 2-6-0  (you've only shown the tender)?

According to google search, Wellington came as a train pack R2082  with 3 green coaches    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/326151793039

I have that box for the WEllington but there is not photo on it.

I

59 minutes ago, Going Spare said:

I would put one of the A4s with the Pullman cars and the class 47 with the Mk3 Royal coaches.  I think the loco with a tender cab is the new standard 2MT which can potter around with goods stock (for me, preferably not Beatles or CocaCola!)

I first encountered Hornby when I got my first train set, an O gauge, clockwork. That would have been late 1950s. Then I got a Dublo set, three rail electric, the a two rail Triang.

I was very ill last year but that's another story. I decided to buy the three rail stuff from ebay in order to pass the time. Then I saw what was available...

5 hours ago, ntpntpntp said:

The Chocolate and Cream have corridors,

On 17/07/2024 at 16:03, Going Spare said:

royal coaches have correct loco i think

Hello @Francis-Dublin

The power class of this locomotive was 2MT.  0 being the weakest, 9 being the strongest.  MT, I understand, stands for "mixed traffic".  It is neither P for passenger, nor F for freight.  

Other locomotives will have separate power classes when it is mixed, for example 7P6F.  

It is my understanding that 2MT is the equivalent of 2P2F

Bee

Edited by What About The Bee
  • Thanks 1

Whilst I didn't note which Loco goes with which Coaches, I kept the sleeves of the boxes and have been able to match up most Locos and Coaches. The help here is invaluable too. Only problem is the box lids are under the base board and my knees are done in and there is always a nail...

@Francis-Dublin The black tank loco was originally designated 4P by the LMS (as it was built to be a passenger loco, but rather helpfully for you) under BR however it was re-designated 4MT as it was used for both passenger & freight.

30 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

@Francis-Dublin The black tank loco was originally designated 4P by the LMS (as it was built to be a passenger loco, but rather helpfully for you) under BR however it was re-designated 4MT as it was used for both passenger & freight.

I recall I had a similar tank loco, as far as I remember it had a smaller dome. And was three rail.

I think the three rail one you had, (as was the Dublo two rail version) was the Standard 4MT and based on the Stannier 4P. The one in your picture looks like the slightly earlier Fowler 4P.

Edited by Brew Man
  • Thanks 1

On 17/07/2024 at 16:03, Going Spare said:

Ah the Beatles an Coc-cola; symbols of The Free West.